Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
itsme_timd said:
They're doing some great stuff there for sure, they get really creative / adventurous in what they brew,too. They just bought out the rest of the building they're in as another tenant is leaving, they're going to expand and by next year plan to start bottling.

That's good cause I can't ever find their beers at bars cause its always tapped lol

Been too long since I've been to a punk show, but I try to see all the metal I can these days. My next metal show was supposed to me Baroness, but working a show at the brewery I work at the same night, so, my next will be lamb of god again. Or, possibly, ghost bc.

If anyone likes ska you can find the new Streetlight album on Grooveshark, its pretty dang good. You can also listen to a Toh Kay accoustic show from Philly on there, pretty cool.

Everything Goes Numb is so awesome, but I can't get into anything else they put out. I'm listening to the new one right now. I prefer the songs with the darker tone and lyrics (I know it's a ska band but they really nailed it on their debut) such as A Better Place, A Better Time and The Big Sleep

My favorites in no particular order:

Dayglo Abortions
Snfu
Misfits
Bad Religion
DI
Adolescents
Ramones
X
Throw Rag
TSOL
The Dwarves
Rocket from the Crypt
Social Distortion
Suicidal Tendencies
Face to Face
Die Hunns
Descendants
Bad Brains
Black Flag

Win for The Dwarves! You don't run into many folks familiar with them. Love 'em

dfc said:
BTW, I'll be seeing Black Flag in Tempe this July. I'm stoked for that.

Gonna be a good show. Going to be seeing them here in LA in July as well.

What in waiting for is when Keith Morris and Flag are going to announce more shows

I would like to see a show where it's Flag vs Black Flag, playing the same songs at the same time on two different stages in the same venue, facing each other.

MeatyPortion said:
I would like to see a show where it's Flag vs Black Flag, playing the same songs at the same time on two different stages in the same venue, facing each other.

That would be a helluva time.

Flag is going to be 10x better than Black Flag. I'll go see Black Flag, but its just going to be Ginn stroking his ego on stage. Flag will be brutal face punishing punk that will make me wish I was there when the scene was alive in the early 80's.

Sabertooth Zombie is making a rare east-coast appearance this week. Anchors Up in Haverill, MA on Friday the 10th.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gah. That Met Gala thing. If you haven't heard about it yet, prepare to be nauseated. Or laugh. One of the two.

Suitable response to me:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that the one I read on the news "Stars punk out for gala"? lol I can't think of too many legitimate punks labeled as "stars".

Yep. In their studded Burberry jackets and what not. Donald Trump's daughter wearing a gold spiked bracelet is really upping the punx :smack:

Burberry has its place in some of our circles (especially when "purchased" via five finger discount and worn on the terraces). But paying a fortune for it to play dress up? Nope.

I really wish a bunch of train hopping crusties had crashed that party. Hah.

Edit: Let me put it this way. When Burberry stops selling certain items because they become so associated with you, you're punk as bless. The rest of these rich mf'ers not so much.

They didn't even seem all that punk. Oddly enough madonna and psy looked about the most legit for the scene. What a bunch of friggin wanks.

for some reason, it all reminds me of Dogpiles & the first time I had seen them: "WTF you mean you can buy bondage pants? How f-ing much? For 80 f-ing bucks there better be pockets behind them zippers!"

they were never my style, but if they were I couldn't afford them.

Back