Your experience dealing with idiot today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrdinaryAvgGuy

Reaction score
Idiots.

They walk among us and there is absolutely nothing that we can do to avoid them. What I am talking about here is the general public.

I have decided that this forum would be a great place to express my discontent for inconsiderate mindless individuals.

I'll start with my story this weekend at Walmart of all places.

We all know that Walmart seems to have a heavier concentration of these mindless jackoffs that make life frustrating for the rest of us.

So I'm at wally world and there are only three lanes open with a parking lot full of cars- okay business as usual.

When checking out, I get behind "the check lady" who can't possibly be a day under the age of 95.

I mean while I'm standing there I'm trying to figure out how the F$%^ this woman could drive there in the first place and who at the DMV would possibly grant this lady permission to operate a 2 ton piece of steel on wheels.

After her $6.72 grand total came up she slowly digs through her purse until a check book appears. Great.. This should be fun. All I want to do is pay for my my box of petite rubbers and a Twinkies and now I am going to spend the greater part of my afternoon watching this geriatric write out a check with the worst case of hand tremors that I have seen in a long time.

What seemed like 5 mins had passed and all I can think about is whether or not any cashier has ever told this old lady that the printer will FILL THE CHECK OUT FOR YOU - better yet, there is this new thing called a DEBIT CARD that 99% of folks use these days.

Finally, I was able to pay for my ding dong and rubbers and on my way I went.

I'm not saying that I have no love for old people but damn, I think there comes a point where you got to give it up and stay home. Let someone else take care of your shopping needs and make life easier for the rest of us.

Ok, I'm done for the day but I promise I will be back for more. Encountering this type of behavior is inevitable and a commonly reoccurring theme.

Now, lets hear your rant.

I make an hour long commute one way everyday. It just so happens that I seem to leave the house the same time as an 'idiot'. This woman apparently wakes up every morning after hitting the snooze button too many times. She drives her car like she stole it all while putting make up on. Everyday I'm minding my own when this jack off passes me like I'm standing still and cuts in front of me, slows down, adjusts her rear view mirror to better see and starts putting on mascara. Now, for one, if your always in this routine of running late, change... Second, if you can't go a day without putting make up on when running late. Sorry to tell you, no amount of make up in the WORLD is going to help your cause. So 'idiot' please stop putting my life and others in danger so you can TRY to look decent. One day she will rear end some one and that mascara brush is going through her eye... This 'idiot' is also a teacher or some other shaper of minds. She turns into a school every morning.

Next..

I make an hour long commute one way everyday. It just so happens that I seem to leave the house the same time as an 'idiot'. This woman apparently wakes up every morning after hitting the snooze button too many times. She drives her car like she stole it all while putting make up on. Everyday I'm minding my own when this jack off passes me like I'm standing still and cuts in front of me, slows down, adjusts her rear view mirror to better see and starts putting on mascara. Now, for one, if your always in this routine of running late, change... Second, if you can't go a day without putting make up on when running late. Sorry to tell you, no amount of make up in the WORLD is going to help your cause. So 'idiot' please stop putting my life and others in danger so you can TRY to look decent. One day she will rear end some one and that mascara brush is going through her eye... This 'idiot' is also a teacher or some other shaper of minds. She turns into a school every morning.

Next..

Ah.. aging women who constantly apply copious amounts of animal bi-products to their leathery wrinkled weathered skin. Great rant.

Okay ladies, once you hit the age of eeeh... 45ish there is nothing that will make you appear top be in your 20's again. No amount of plastic surgery, botox, nothing will allow you to regain your youthful appearance.

Embrace your age and stop telling stories of how you were mistaken for being 25 years old the other day by the grocery clerk. He was just being NICE.

At best, you can avoid all contact with sunlight and limit your alcohol intake. This will preserve your appearance better than any snake oil on the market.

Idiots.

They walk among us and there is absolutely nothing that we can do to avoid them. What I am talking about here is the general public.

I have decided that this forum would be a great place to express my discontent for inconsiderate mindless individuals.

I'll start with my story this weekend at Walmart of all places.

We all know that Walmart seems to have a heavier concentration of these mindless jackoffs that make life frustrating for the rest of us.

So I'm at wally world and there are only three lanes open with a parking lot full of cars- okay business as usual.

When checking out, I get behind "the check lady" who can't possibly be a day under the age of 95.

I mean while I'm standing there I'm trying to figure out how the F$%^ this woman could drive there in the first place and who at the DMV would possibly grant this lady permission to operate a 2 ton piece of steel on wheels.

After her $6.72 grand total came up she slowly digs through her purse until a check book appears. Great.. This should be fun. All I want to do is pay for my my box of petite rubbers and a Twinkies and now I am going to spend the greater part of my afternoon watching this geriatric write out a check with the worst case of hand tremors that I have seen in a long time.

What seemed like 5 mins had passed and all I can think about is whether or not any cashier has ever told this old lady that the printer will FILL THE CHECK OUT FOR YOU - better yet, there is this new thing called a DEBIT CARD that 99% of folks use these days.

Finally, I was able to pay for my ding dong and rubbers and on my way I went.

I'm not saying that I have no love for old people but damn, I think there comes a point where you got to give it up and stay home. Let someone else take care of your shopping needs and make life easier for the rest of us.

Ok, I'm done for the day but I promise I will be back for more. Encountering this type of behavior is inevitable and a commonly reoccurring theme.

Now, lets hear your rant.

My experience dealing with idiots occured over the weekend. I was at walmart buying some x-lax and prune juice and this arrogant, a-hole jackoff standing behind me with his ding dongs and rubbers started making rude remarks about how slow I was.......... Hate those people

:D

How does old & slow = idiot?

I share your common frustration w/Walmart and dumb people in general, but an elderly woman? Come on, man. Show some respect. Grow a pair and be a gentleman.

OrdinaryAvg, I suggest you contact Wally World manager and tell them how much you hate having to stand in a line for so long. Then call a bit higher up and tell them. Until people start bitching them out for not having enough cashiers on hand, they will continue to have too few. At one time they had a policy of always opening another register if there were more than 3 people in a lane. Now it seems as if they won't open a new lane until EVERY other lane has 3 people waiting.

And the old lady couldn't help getting old, and it's entirely possible that she has nobody that can help her shop for basic items and she may also be an excellent and safe driver.

EDIT: For referring to wrong poster.

I share your common frustration w/Walmart and dumb people in general, but an elderly woman? Come on, man. Show some respect. Grow a pair and be a gentleman.

Perhaps I should have used the word inconsiderate. This would cover both.

People and their freek'in phones, testing and driving, I get so mad. It's not like one or two, but every 3rd car, and it illegal here.

BTW, having the ability to dodge Darwinism for an extended number of years does not automatically grant you respect from younger generations.

Respect is earned, not something given just because you outlived someone else.

People and their freek'in phones, testing and driving, I get so mad. It's not like one or two, but every 3rd car, and it illegal here.

Texting and driving is by far more dangerous than drinking and driving IMO.

Police need to crack down of these jackoffs. If caught TWD your phone should be confiscated and destroyed on the spot by the police officer.

Didn't you read that he was buying the PETITE rubbers? He must be frustrated, right? :mug:

Normally, when people mention buying rubbers on the internet, it's a Magnum and they fit too tight. Kudos for honesty!

BTW, having the ability to dodge Darwinism for an extended number of years does not automatically grant you respect from younger generations.

Respect is earned, not something given just because you outlived someone else.

I tend to think that someone who has lived for 90+ years has experienced quite a bit and probably has a lot of wisdom to offer. Of course there are exceptions, but my experience is that most elderly folks have earned every bit of my respect, and then some. And especially so for putting up with flippant, impatient young people.

I tend to think that someone who has lived for 90+ years has experienced quite a bit and probably has a lot of wisdom to offer. Of course there are exceptions, but my experience is that most elderly folks have earned every bit of my respect, and then some. And especially so for putting up with flippant, impatient young people.

Impatient, yes, Flippant - well that is strictly your opinion which I can respect.

My thoughts:

I'm not going to get all preachy about the evils of shopping at Walmart, but I'll say this: anyone who willingly goes into a Walmart with the intent to spend his or her cash money (or "just look") knows beyond the shadow of a doubt what exactly is part of the deal. Hell, even if you've never been to a Walmart in your entire life, pop culture has taught us enough to know what to expect when entering the pearly gates.

Second, I've always wondered who the other guy was that Trojan made "petits" for besides me.

The old and slow on the train every morning do get frustrating, right up there with the stroller jockeys... not sure if they are stupid perse though.

Second, I've always wondered who the other guy was that Trojan made "petits" for besides me.

Glad someone is looking out for us. Finger cots are not nearly as reliable as real rubbers.

The last thing that society needs is another one of me blasting the internet with insightful thought provoking statements that tend to contradict conventional wisdom taught by our parents and generations past.

Respect your elders... phhhh

What I like is the guy, of any age, who gets all the way up to the counter after being on line for a line time, and THEN begins to think about what they might want. That guy's definitely an idiot.

This one ranks up there with the tub of lard who opens the freezer door to get a better look at the different varieties of frozen pizza or ice cream. The freezer doors are glass ya know and last time I checked most glass is transparent.

Now the whole damn freezer has fogged doors and you have to also open every door just to see whats in there.

This one ranks up there with the tub of lard who opens the freezer door to get a better look at the different varieties of frozen pizza or ice cream. The freezer doors are glass ya know and last time I checked most glass is transparent.

Now the whole damn freezer has fogged doors and you have to also open every door just to see whats in there.

HA! Gotcha!

I love that gag...

Got you beat. Was on hiway 95 and saw a gent in fast lane, with a paperback resting on top of wheel, catching up on his reading. BEFORE the cell phone craze.
So, pull over and call to the police AHEAD of the offender, advise 'em to use undercover car, catchem red-handed. Fill the local coffers, empty the local coffins.

People who go to Costco for the sole purpose of pigging out on free samples. They don't have a cart, have no items to purchase in hand, have pizza sauce on their face, hit every sample station several times and are always in my ####ing way.

Then, there are the people who are actually doing some shopping and block the isle with their cart while they pig out on samples. Get your free sample and move out of the ####ing way, moron! Don't stand there and munch on it with your fugly mouth wide open while making small talk with the vendor.

I really wish Costco would discontinue the free samples. Imagine if Walmart gave free samples. Wow, that would be a disaster.

I heard of someone having a first date at Costco with a big full of "disguises" for when they came back to the sample table the second and third time. Monocle, top hat, tutu over the clothes, that sort of thing.

I approve of this whole-heartedly.

WORK... now there's where the REAL idiots are. I'm a welder/fabricator of almost 20 yrs now. How many times have you been sweating your ass off for the man, while the guy next to you jacks his ass off for the man? In particular, we have been building these new airboats. I do all the work while these other two jackholes jack off all day and "look" busy only when the boss is around....how do these guys fool them? Well, anyway, one of the boats we sold a few weeks ago got crashed allready (there's another idiot story in itself)...so the powers that be sent the two jackoffs to florida to fix the boat. They rented a truck and burned out friday night, thinking ONLY of being down south and FORGOT TO TAKE THE PARTS THEY NEEDED TO FIX THE DAMN BOAT! But hey, the company is shelling out $400 to overnight 70lbs of stuff. Grrr this makes me so mad...I HATE those guys and don't even want to be involved with such a cool project anymore.... I could go on 4 ecer about this, but I won't.

WORK... now there's where the REAL idiots are. I'm a welder/fabricator of almost 20 yrs now. How many times have you been sweating your ass off for the man, while the guy next to you jacks his ass off for the man? In particular, we have been building these new airboats. I do all the work while these other two jackholes jack off all day and "look" busy only when the boss is around....how do these guys fool them? Well, anyway, one of the boats we sold a few weeks ago got crashed allready (there's another idiot story in itself)...so the powers that be sent the two jackoffs to florida to fix the boat. They rented a truck and burned out friday night, thinking ONLY of being down south and FORGOT TO TAKE THE PARTS THEY NEEDED TO FIX THE DAMN BOAT! But hey, the company is shelling out $400 to overnight 70lbs of stuff. Grrr this makes me so mad...I HATE those guys and don't even want to be involved with such a cool project anymore.... I could go on 4 ecer about this, but I won't.

Ah yes, the workplace slacker who does the min to get by while a select few pick up the slack.

Unfortunately, this is how most work places operate. I know of several small companies with 25 or so employees where 3 people carry 90% of the workload while the other 22 barely carry the remaining 10%.
These people take full advantage of all sick days or any other excuse to get out of work and are the first ones to S*@# bricks when an outside consultant comes in and pink slips start flying.

I made my beer from this kit in a can that expired 3 years ago and taste like fetus juice, should I rack to secondary?

I brewed a 1.15 RIS three days ago and it's not carbed up yet, should I dump the bottles and rack to secondary?

I brewed some skeeter pee but instead of lemon juice I used tang and every time I drink it makes my wiener hurt, should i have racked it to secondary?

A Knuckle Dragging Troglodyte brings a rabbit into the exotics animal hospital I work at part time. KDT claims the necrotic flesh and subcutaneous maggot infestation on the rabbit's rear end happened overnight. The rabbit had maggots crawling subcutaneously to the middle of it's spine...The rabbit was still alive.

The KDT actually had the gall to bawl when she made the decision to euthanize...

On a scale of one to ten, this is about a 6.5 or 7 in the realm of animal cruelty/neglect I deal with on a daily basis...

Back