custom built copper manifolds online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipsiad

Reaction score
My 10 gallon cooler + bazooka screen mash tun works great for most of the brewing I do, but I want to have something bigger for when I do larger batches or really high gravity beers. I'm thinking about putting together a 60 or 70 quart rectangular cooler with copper manifold. I know the manifold isn't difficult to build, but before I start sawing a zillion slots in copper pipe with a hacksaw I thought I'd see if anyone sells them online for a reasonable price (yes I am lazy).

Anyone know of online places that sell custom mash tun manifolds? I searched around and so far I haven't seen any - maybe the labor costs would make them too expensive to be marketable?

I'm sure any metal fabricator should be able to do that - but it'll cost you.
I made my own (for a 48-qt rectangular cooler) with a 10-foot section of pipe and a pile of connectors. A pipe cutter makes things way easier, and a dremel with cut-off disc for the slots.
I probably have 3 or 4 hours of labor into it, besides brain work thinking about how I wanted to do it.

Here is my advice-

Go to Home Depot, get the required sections of pipe and joints, some solder, some flux, and a cheap propane torch.

Soldering is pretty damn easy.

Copper is cheap right now too! Home Depot has had home brewers from all over the country buying up every roll of copper that is on sale.

Search for "cheap copper tubing at Home depot" or something very similar, and haul your butt to the store.

I've made a few manifolds and chillers to measure as well as universal ones and sold on eBay in the past. I generally don't like doing made to measure because you would be surprised at the people who can't follow directions and/or read a tape measure. I didn't/dont/wont warranty or take returns on customer stupidity.

Latest posts

Back