I need a Quick Disconnect for 1-1/4" CPVC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawyerjim

Reaction score
I have a bottle washer set up that is fed from the pump by 1-1/4" CPVC. I need a way to cut the pipe and install a quick disconnect of some kind like maybe a Tri Clamp.

How do I adapt from 1-1/4" CPVC to a Tri Clamp or something similar?

I have a bottle washer set up that is fed from the pump by 1-1/4" CPVC. I need a way to cut the pipe and install a quick disconnect of some kind like maybe a Tri Clamp.

How do I adapt from 1-1/4" CPVC to a Tri Clamp or something similar?

3/4" garden hose quick-disconnects (Gardena-Style) along with the proper 1/14 to 3/4" adapters?

MC

I am looking for something that is at least 1-1/4" so as not to restrict the flow.

How "quick" of a disconnect do you need? What about just a union or if you need flow control a true union ball valve? About the same amount of time to disconnect as a tri-clamp. I use them in my aquarium plumbing and they have been very reliable. They seal with an o-ring. Lowes has pretty good prices on them but I'm not sure they carry CPVC versions (mine are all PVC).

Why don't you use a cam-lock or cam and groove coupling? You can buy them with NPT fittings so they will be really easy to couple to PVC or CPVC, and they come in everything from polypropylene to stainless, and they come range from 1/2" up. You can get them anywhere from Amazon to McMaster. To adapt from a straight pipe, get an appropriate sized socket to NPT adapter and solvent weld it to the end of your pipe, then you can use NPT fittings. I think you can even buy cam-lock fittings that have a socket meant for welding directly on to a pipe.

Joe

Back