Water book by John Palmer and Colin Kaminski

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was suppose to be released this month, because I ordered on Amazon and they had April delivery date, but then it got pushed back for some reason,

If you listen to the latest Brew Strong episode (Intro to Brewing Science) on The Brewing Network John talks about some recent findings on a mash experiment that they were working on that changed some info in the book. This is in the first 5 minutes of the episode, kind of interesting findings.

What is the verdict on this book now that its released. Anyone read it.
I have the other two books in the brewers elements series on kindle.
I would like to get this one on kindle also but its not available yet.

It's very thorough. I'm still slugging through it. But so far, I finally got an explanation on why "sparge additions" aren't really sparge additions, but boil kettle additions. "Sparge additions" are used to enhance fermentation characteristics, and thus are added to the boil.

It's very thorough. I'm still slugging through it. But so far, I finally got an explanation on why "sparge additions" aren't really sparge additions, but boil kettle additions. "Sparge additions" are used to enhance fermentation characteristics, and thus are added to the boil.

okay guess i need to read it cause im scratching my head on that one.

Back