So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My folks are coming to visit for the weekend, and my dad wants to see how brewing works. Lucky for me, I need to get my honey-basil double pale brewed for my buddy's wedding in June.

I've never done a partial mash recipe before, so this ought to be interesting. Actually pretty glad I'll have him around for an extra hand, haha.

Off to the store to get an industrial strainer!

Doing my first brew this sunday! Jumping straight into AG. My first brew will be a clone of Stone Levitation. Super excited about it!

I'll be brewing a pale ale recipe with austrailian and new zealand hops this Saturday.

Apparently not. I was going through my equipment and my nylon grain bag has some burn holes in it from my last brew! Guess I'll have to order a new one online and post-pone until next weekend.

Brewing day today has been cancelled due to tap water being incredibly chlorinated. Once the chlorine levels drop again I will make up for it

Brewing my Lemon weiss/hef (still havnt figured out exactly what catagory it falls into, all I know is when you put blueberries into the beer and take a sip and bite down on the blueberry the flavor turns from a nice lemony flavor to almost a pilsner/IPA flavor, everyone thats tried it is shocked at the flavor change.

Hope to brew the following Blonde Honey

Ingredients:
------------
6 lbs Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
1 lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)
2 lbs Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM)
2 lbs Pilsner Liquid Extract (3.5 SRM)
1.00 oz Northern Brewer [8.50 %] - Boil 40.0 min
1.00 oz Saaz [4.00 %] - Boil 5.0 min
1.0 pkg British Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1335) -
1 lbs Honey (1.0 SRM)

Declared a mental health day to test my new stand out as well! I'm brewing the Fender Bender Amber recipe in BYO. Cheers!

Gonna be brewing a kit for Cream Ale from northern brewer, and a 6 gal batch of Caramel Apple Hard Cider. Super Excited!

Hope to brew the following Blonde Honey

Ingredients:
------------
6 lbs Pale Malt (6 Row) US (2.0 SRM)
1 lbs Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM)
2 lbs Extra Light Dry Extract (3.0 SRM)
2 lbs Pilsner Liquid Extract (3.5 SRM)
1.00 oz Northern Brewer [8.50 %] - Boil 40.0 min
1.00 oz Saaz [4.00 %] - Boil 5.0 min
1.0 pkg British Ale II (Wyeast Labs #1335) -
1 lbs Honey (1.0 SRM)

LHBS called -- the dry extract is not on the truck...looks like i gotta go to the NSNHBS (not so near) for a 90-minute round trip...

Did an AHS Broadway Amber earlier today. Finished up around noon. Added an extra 1/2 oz. of Kent Goldings I had laying around from another recipe, at the flavor addition (15 min). Had started to ferment about 15 minutes ago when I took a peek.

There's a brand new homebrew shop opening up for the first time tomorrow morning. I plan on being there when the doors open at 9AM. I talked to the owner the other day and took a look around and have dibs on 10lbs of Maris Otter and some Cascade to brew a SMaSH. Here's hoping they have their crusher ready to go!

Apparently not. I was going through my equipment and my nylon grain bag has some burn holes in it from my last brew! Guess I'll have to order a new one online and post-pone until next weekend.

Dude just go to walmart and get a viole curtain and make one yourself. It costs less than $5.00

bottling day

my first SMaSH - Maris Otter & Centennial, brewed for my 50th birthday

smash50 resize.jpg

Brewed a chinook ipa yesterday. Just gotta put the brew day video together and I'll upload to YouTube. Here's a shot while collecting 2nd runnings

image-3775964355.jpg

I just drank the last of my Irish Draft I kegged Brandon O's Graf yesterday and have one more fermenting. I also made a batch of NB Belgium pale, and making the Limited NB Modelo DeMayo today. I have a Cream Ale on tap. I will make an Irish Red Ale Sunday. Keeping busy.. trying to build my supply chain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirilis View Post
"I cant handle that buddy.. it tastes like Moose Piss", (IPA) - side note.. ive never had moose piss, but im sure it doesnt taste like IPA or I would have a moose
That's funny

Brewing 17gallon batch of ipa today..
Got my grains done, water filtered, now I just have to figure what hops to use..thank goodness I am better stocked then my lhbs..
Igotsand

ForumRunner_20130406_090746.jpg

My first post! Was planning to rack a West Coast Pale Ale form secondary to the corny today but have been reading posts on geletin and cold crashing so I may try that first as the recipe didn't call for any moss to clarify. Either way I'm starting a Pliny the Elder today. Looking forward to this one... 3 different hops and 11 hops adds throughout the recipe. Mmmm.

Currently in the process of making a Russian Imperial Stout. After the primary going to bulk condition in a secondary for a few months then throw some oak chips on it for about a week or so.

Happy 50th bday GrogNerd!

I also am brewing a Maris Otter SMaSH, but with Cascade. 10lbs MO, 1 ounce Cascade each at 60,30,5. 20 minutes into the mash at 153*. Smells great! :rockin:

thanks!

I originally was going to do a MO/Cascade, unrelated to my birthday, but then it all just clicked; adding MO to the recipe and it hit 1.050 with 5.0 SRM & 5.0 ABV, so I thought, THIS is my birthday brew!

adding the Cascade, I was approaching 50 IBU when it occurred to me, Centennial would fit the 50th better.

I thought 1/2 Centennial (!) but then it wouldn't be a SMaSH

color is a little light for a ESB, I'm hoping no one notifies the BJCP

thanks!

I originally was going to do a MO/Cascade, unrelated to my birthday, but then it all just clicked; adding MO to the recipe and it hit 1.050 with 5.0 SRM & 5.0 ABV, so I thought, THIS is my birthday brew!

adding the Cascade, I was approaching 50 IBU when it occurred to me, Centennial would fit the 50th better.

I thought 1/2 Centennial (!) but then it wouldn't be a SMaSH

color is a little light for a ESB, I'm hoping no one notifies the BJCP

Your secret is safe with us, Happy 50th!

I'm working on a brown ale recipe called DB Cooper's Brown. This weekend is my second attempt at it. I'm excited about changing one thing and tasting the results. I wish I would have saved a few bottles from the first batch to compare. Lesson learned.

Back