Dark chocolate malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTBORN

Reaction score
There's no "chocolate" in dark chocolate malt, right?

Just wanna make sure because I want to make spent grain dog biscuits and dogs can't have chocolate.

Anyone?

In small amounts,it just gives color. In larger amounts,they say it gives a chocolate like flavor. But yes,no actual chocolate is in it.

There's no "chocolate" in dark chocolate malt, right?

Just wanna make sure because I want to make spent grain dog biscuits and dogs can't have chocolate.

Anyone?

That always blew my mind how we can eat all the chocolate we want and just get fat, but for dogs it acts as a thermogenic and they'll either lose weight or die.

It blows my mind that people know this and still feed their dogs chocolate "cause he likes it!". Ugh idiots!

"spent grain dog biscuit"

Okay, I'll bite. Is that an original idea or just something I've missed? Do they like them? I've a saint and lab and they will eat anything, so 'like' is a bit of a relative term,
I have to chase both away from the rabbit poo...

I made those once, shared them with 3 different dogs. They all loved them. Depending on your grainbill, spent grain cookies (for humans) can also be tasty.

Latest posts

Back