So I have this Firestone Walker Anniversary ale...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gixxer

Reaction score
I scored a bottle of the 16th Anniversary ale from Firestone Walker. At first, I had no idea what I had purchased. I then read the paperwork that came in the box, it has a lot going on! So my question is this. How long should I age it? I mean I am in no hurry to open it, but I do not want to open it 6 months from now and not have that be long enough... Opinions??

I've seen this beer, (wish I could find it now) and have a few friends who've had it, I think it came out before Christmas last year if I'm not mistaken. So now it's like 6 months old. Some who had it early said it was overpowering with the barrel taste, some who had it later said it mellowed nicely. If it were me I'd give it another 6 then sample?

I'm not a beer a hoarder as I buy my beer to drink.

That said, I'm not drinking mine for at least a year. I've had it several times over the last few months, draft and bottle, and I think it needs time. The parts aren't well integrated yet.

I'm not a beer a hoarder as I buy my beer to drink.

That said, I'm not drinking mine for at least a year. I've had it several times over the last few months, draft and bottle, and I think it needs time. The parts aren't well integrated yet.

I still have two bottles of the XV in my fridge. Saving them for a special occasion...but at this rate I don't know when I will open them.

Drink that ****. I had their 14 anniversary and it was brilliant right out of the bottle.

I think I am gonna sit on this one for some time. Maybe between now and December if I can get another bottle I will drink it as soon as I get it and age the other one.

Speaking of aging, I need to get my hands on another bottle of white oak from the Bruery and age that sucker. I bet it would taste good after a year. It just did not work for me when I drank
It as soon as I got it.

Back