How to order beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilmbrewer

Reaction score
Not exactly a home brew question but I figured someone on here could help. I am wondering if it is possible to order beer from a brewery online or in some other fashion. I really like a lot of the Terrapin beers but the grocery stores in my area don't carry a great variety of their beer. Is it possible to order a case of a particular beer directly from the brewery or even through my local home brew store? Thanks for the help.

There are online beer stores that you can order from and have shipped, nerd someone over 21 at home to sign when out arrives though. Google on line beer stores, you'll get a lot of hits. I have got Pliny this way!

Find a package store (ABC store or whatever your local alcohol stores are called) and ask them to special order the case for you. Grocery stores are harder to get them to special order unless its a mom & pop store.
Where are you located at?
Also check out this place http://www.letspour.com/
Never used them before, but they get some good deals sometimes.

Maybe get involved in a bottle exchange forum? There are hundreds of them. You send some guy a beer from your area that he's interested in, and he sends you one from his area that he's looking for. Not a bad way to do it!

Shipping is often rather expensive when it comes to ordering beer. I would second calling or visiting a package store or a bottle shop and asking if they can get ahold of it for you that way you do not have to pay for the shipping. Plus if it is a winner they may start carrying it full time.

Shipping is often rather expensive when it comes to ordering beer.

We paid $49 with shipping for 4- $6 bottles of Pliny! I would only order online what they do not distribute in your state. Any reputable retailer who carries a brand can and should order any of the brand's distributed beers, unless it's a limited release, or not legal in your state, ie over abv limit for sales.

Qualityliquorstore.com is good. They're in San Diego so if you're looking for cali beers that's a good place to go. They also sell out of state stuff. Just ordered the Chocolate and Espresso versions of the Oak Aged Yeti from Great Divide brewing out of Colorado. Hopefully I get home in time today to sign for them!

We paid $49 with shipping for 4- $6 bottles of Pliny! I would only order online what they do not distribute in your state. Any reputable retailer who carries a brand can and should order any of the brand's distributed beers, unless it's a limited release, or not legal in your state, ie over abv limit for sales.

where are you ordering Pliny from? I have searched and searched and I can't come up with anything!

Latest posts

Back