Dual Corny keg mini fridge kegerator build help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkongkill

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm planning to build a dual corny keg mini fridge kegerator and I need some help so I've decided to consult the home brew gods. I know the basics of building the usual mini fridge set up that holds two kegs and a co2 tank but I would like my taps in the door instead of a tower on top. So my question is if I put the taps in the door will the shaft from the taps hit the kegs inside and not allow the door to close? If anyone has a write up on one they have built i would appreciate a link and any other help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

It all depends on what size your fridge is, how long the shanks are that you are using, and the actual location of where you put the taps compared to where the kegs will be sitting inside.

I'm trying to do the same thing and also wondering what size fridge (interior cubic foot space) will work for this.

Here is my kegerator and you can see there is some room at the top, but not much. I have the Danby DAR440BL. I also have pin lock kegs, so they are shorter and fatter than ball lock. What's the reason for not wanting to go through the top?

jusO6qq.jpg

If you use short shanks it should work. You can look at the plastic form on the door to see how much depth there is.

Have you bought a fridge? Have you checked that two kegs and a co2 bottle will fit? ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397148770.257853.jpg
I have a Danby DAR044 in the cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm assuming you're using ball locks, because I know of no mini fridge that will fit 2 pin locks without modifying the depth of the fridge.

If you are using ball locks, this is the fridge you want:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/frigidaire-model-frc445gb-mini-fridge-kegerator-conversion-89013/

This is my kegerator and it works great. No bending of the freezer/coils required as the freezer floor pops right out in this model. Fits 2 ball locks, C02 tank on hump, and a dehumidifier no problem. As long as you drill reasonably close to the top of the door you won't have to worry about everything fitting, pretty sure I used 4" shanks for my set up and they're nowhere near hitting my kegs. I also used 10' lines and there is plenty o room to stuff them in the top.

Apparently Lowes and Best buy sell 2 versions of this same fridge, one requires hacking the plastic molding on the inside of the door a bit, the other does not (I think the version with the vertical can holder doesn't require modification/cutting). The one I used didn't need to have the door cut, but I bought it off CL. Read the thread for more info than you would ever need.

:mug:

I'm assuming you're using ball locks, because I know of no mini fridge that will fit 2 pin locks without modifying the depth of the fridge.
I guess you missed my post because I said I had 2 pin locks in a mini fridge. I did have to cut off the plastic shelf supports, but it does work.

Here is my kegerator and you can see there is some room at the top, but not much. I have the Danby DAR440BL. I also have pin lock kegs, so they are shorter and fatter than ball lock. What's the reason for not wanting to go through the top?

jusO6qq.jpg

^^ Cool, that is the first fridge I've seen that holds 2 pin locks, good to know! I'll keep that in mind whenever suggesting kegerators to people.

Cheers

Back