How to use a Johnson Control properly?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LemonJelly

Reaction score
I just got a chest freezer and Johnson Controler and I'm pretty confused on how I can make the freezer stay at around 63-65f for ale fermenting. I read the directions and googled a bit but still kinda drawing blanks on how I should be setting this up. Right now it's set up on default settings (cut out). I set the temp to 60f just to test it out but it drops down to 50ish on both the controller and a external thermometer. :confused: any help would be appreciated

You need to check the differenial "dIF" setting. This is what sets the variance from the set point that the temperature can fluctuate. If you set the differential to 5, for example, it may cool the freezer to 5 degrees below the set point. I think I usually keep mine on 2 or 3.

Also, I'd set the start delay "ASd" to 12 to keep the compressor from cycling too frequently and wearing out the compressor.

You need to check the differenial "dIF" setting. This is what sets the variance from the set point that the temperature can fluctuate. If you set the differential to 5, for example, it may cool the freezer to 5 degrees below the set point. I think I usually keep mine on 2 or 3.

Also, I'd set the start delay "ASd" to 12 to keep the compressor from cycling too frequently and wearing out the compressor.

Thank you, I will try this.

Latest posts

Back