Spontainious fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaksnbeer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Did a big brew day yesterday showing how easy Biab is. 9 people 5 brewing + my 20 gallon pot running a triple batch of Pilsner. I had 2 of the people who paid their share of the grain bill, (after helping kill 8 gallons of beer I had brought for the day) just left no good byes or anything. Tried to call but right to voice mail so guess they didn't want their wort.

Sorry for the back story anyway I split my starter between 2 batches. The other I had to rack into a grain bucket, I racked to a sanitized fermenter when I got home. Here is the thing I removed a yeast culture and ended up falling asleep before it warmed up enough to pitch but this morning I had kraeusen all the way up to the bung. So I figure it picked up a yeast from the crushed grain bucket (I rinsed but couldn't sanitize) so it's a crap shoot as to hao/what it will be.

Congrats on a very big Berliner Weisse! It is almost certainly lactobacillus fermenting your wort. Hope you like lemonade! I love Berliner Weisse, on of my favorite styles.

Back