Navigating Mississippi laws

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatchezBrew

Reaction score
I have been trying to figure out Ms laws regarding breweries and brew pubs. I recently moved back to Ms from Asheville, NC.

From what I have been able to find online, Ms titles. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. A brewery can not operate a tap room or sell in anyway directly to consumers.

2. A brew pub can not do any kind of distribution or growler filling.

Does a brew pub have to sell food?

Thanks
Pat

I have been trying to figure out Ms laws regarding breweries and brew pubs. I recently moved back to Ms from Asheville, NC.

From what I have been able to find online, Ms titles. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. A brewery can not operate a tap room or sell in anyway directly to consumers.

2. A brew pub can not do any kind of distribution or growler filling.

Does a brew pub have to sell food?

Thanks
Pat

I tried to find answers on all this last year. I believe a brew pub does have to sell food, but I imagine you could just sell chips and salsa and get away without needing a full service kitchen.

TideJoe,

Does My understanding of the laws seem correct. How far did you get into opening?

TideJoe,

Does My understanding of the laws seem correct. How far did you get into opening?

I haven't pursued anything yet. I was exploring it because a local restaurant wanted to sell my beer (manager is a friend and loves my brews). If anything comes of it I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back