Brewery name with the word "Drunken" in it

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tally350z

Reaction score
Wanted to see what people would think of a brewery name with the word "Drunk" or "Drunken" in it. I really don't see alot of it and I would think that people would look at the name in a negative light. What do you think?

Wanted to see what people would think of a brewery name with the word "Drunk" or "Drunken" in it. I really don't see alot of it and I would think that people would look at the name in a negative light. What do you think?

You might be interested to know that there might be laws that regulate a bunch of this stuff... If you have ever talked to a brewer about his trials and tribulations with the ATF over their labels;;;; you would be amazed...

50 years ago no problem but these days with everyone being so sensitive I think it is not the best way to go...

So if you opening a place,,, do you need assitant brewer or chef bottle washer??? HA!

If having "Drunk" in a brewery's name is such a problem, why are there a multitude of commercial craft beers with the word "Drunk" in the title?

theres a microbrewery near by me called the drunken monk

I seen "*****" wine, "Arrogant Bastard Ale", amongst others which have names worse than any drunken animal name. When you pick a name driven to inspire a reaction you will always have those who hate it. The rest of us just laugh or shrug it off.

I personally like the name.

Just like brewing a beer, do it the way you want.

Looks like I am going to go ahead and go through with it. thanks for your input.

Edit. I'll update later with my logo design that I am going to get from brew brand creative.

Looks like I am going to go ahead and go through with it. thanks for your input.

Edit. I'll update later with my logo design that I am going to get from brew brand creative.

I think it would be good to be a "Drunken Tortoise".

You really can't "fall over" and even if you could you would not fall far....

Being a "Drunken Giraffe" be problematic…

So this is what I have so far from Josh at Brew brand creative. Let me know what you guys think. Possibly any changes..

Screen Shot 2013-05-14 at 2.00.02 PM(3).jpg

Latest posts

Back