sg stuck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

llgriffin

Reaction score
Question.. I have a batch going (my first one) my og reading was 1.030, yesterday i took a reading, four days later, and its at 110, seems ok i guess. now today i check it again and still at 110, is it done? doesnt seem like its dropped enough what should i do? bottle?

Question.. I have a batch going (my first one) my og reading was 1.030, yesterday i took a reading, four days later, and its at 110, seems ok i guess. now today i check it again and still at 110, is it done? doesnt seem like its dropped enough what should i do? bottle?

I think you're missing a decimal and a place? If it's at 1.010, and still at 1.010 at least three days later, then it's done.

I'd bottle, if the beer was clear. Sometimes it clears right away but sometimes it's slower to clear. You can bottle once the beer is clear, and doesn't have "floaties" in it when you take a sample.

yes 1.010 is what i meant. ive read that the gravity should drop by about 75-85 percent, obviously this isnt near that. does that just make for a weaker beer?

Back