Best Pink Floyd Song

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Zappa station gives you a lot of that too. King Crimson, Jeff Beck, lots of great stuff. The Beatles songs are all Revolver and later. Lots of Floyd from Animals, Wish You Were Here, Dark Side, The Wall and Meddle. I'd been jumping from station to station for a while, but once I created that one I've been on it for about 4 months, listening every day going to and from work.

Way too much FZ. Any FZ is too much for me.

Pretty much anything from The Final Cut, which is, in my opinion (which is sure to start some sort of riot, I know), is the best Floyd album.

Pink Floyd, on the other hand, sounds like nothing else before them, and nothing else since.

Take a listen to Happy Jack by The Who.
For years I though that this was an early Pink Floyd song, it would fit right in with Relics.

528369_599180433427523_639353955_n.png

No group will hate the following video more than this group. And I don't like it a whole lot either. But believe me, Richard (Dick) Cheese is great. Look for his Down with the Sickness or Gin and Juice covers. Lounge at it's oddest.

The album cover with the DSOTM martini glass is clever.

Last edited:
Only one person said truly the best Pink Floyd song, Have a Cigar.

Actually really everything off Wish You Were Here is Gold but Shine on You Crazy Diamond cause lets face it 25 minutes of music is too much.

hoppyhoppyhippo said:

Actually really everything off Wish You Were Here is Gold but Shine on You Crazy Diamond cause lets face it 25 minutes of music is too much.

That entire album, beginning to end, in its entirety is my favorite song. I don't know how you can't like SoYCD, it's 25 minutes of awesome. I listen to Parts I-V just to get up in the morning.

Great thread. drinking beer and talking about music.
Certainly not their best, but I am a big fan of corporal clegg and cymbaline.

My favorite song and/or album really depends on my mood. I couldn't nail down one. Sometimes I think Seamus is the greatest composition in the history of music. :D

I wish SOYCD lasted for 60 minutes. It's probably my favorite PF song. Ask me tomorrow though.

I liked Kittie's version of Run Like Hell when it first came out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Best PF song for spirited driving: Run Like Hell

Best PF song for kicking way back in the couch with a spot of herbal refreshment: Comfortably Numb

Most socially meaningful PF song: On The Turning Away

Best PF song when you really need a deep, long lasting PF fix and you can only pick one: SoYCD from "Wish You Were Here" (at 17:32 I think it's the longest rendition)...

Cheers!

Best PF song for spirited driving: Run Like Hell

Best PF song for kicking way back in the couch with a spot of herbal refreshment: Comfortably Numb

Most socially meaningful PF song: On The Turning Away

Best PF song when you really need a deep, long lasting PF fix and you can only pick one: SoYCD from "Wish You Were Here" (at 17:32 I think it's the longest rendition)...

Cheers!

Herbal refreshment? Haven't had one of those in YEARS! Soon as the mint pops up, I'm making a mint julep and puttin' on the FLOYD! :rockin:

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
We all know that the best Pink Floyd song is the one you are currently listening to.

You can close the thread now.

+1 to this

In my opinion same can be said about the Beatles hendrix nirvana and TOOL

While Have a Cigar is a great "Pink Floyd" song, it was actually sung by Roy Harper, not that that lessens it at all.

My favorite song would have to be Dogs, followed closely by the rest of the Animals album, then WYWH (SOYCD), DSOTM, The Wall... I'm very "on and off" too... once I turn PF on, I can't turn it off.

For those that have mentioned Final Cut and Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking, give a listen to Amused to Death by Roger. It's very "Roger", but it's amazing music. Clapton played guitar on Pros and Cons; Jeff Beck plays on Amused to Death. But David Gilmour, I worship thee!

Thanks to the OP for this thread! Nothing beats relaxing with Pink Floyd and a tasty homebrew!

Best Pink Floyd performance: Live 8 Reunion. It's nice to know that after 30+ years of being broken up, they could just pick up and jam with only one rehearsal like nothing ever happened. RIP Rick Wright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Pink Floyd performance: Live 8 Reunion. It's nice to know that after 30+ years of being broken up, they could just pick up and jam with only one rehearsal like nothing ever happened. RIP Rick Wright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3VIL0BXn2c

My daughter (30 now) called me soon after she watched that on English TV. She was blown away and asking me for tips on any other seriously good bands from the past she should be listening to......Honestly, that is NOT supposed to happen when it comes to parents, kids and music! :rockin:

While Have a Cigar is a great "Pink Floyd" song, it was actually sung by Roy Harper, not that that lessens it at all.

....Because Water's voice was buggared at the time. An even more irrelevant footnote: Harper almost died from an infection he contracted after giving a sheep the kiss of life. :)

Pointless memory from years ago: I remember reading a review of a Floyd show in the early 70's. The writer said everyone in the theatre had washed their hair for this event, except David Gilmour.......It still makes me chuckle a little. :)

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible said:
My daughter (30 now) called me soon after she watched that on English TV. She was blown away and asking me for tips on any other seriously good bands from the past she should be listening to......Honestly, that is NOT supposed to happen when it comes to parents, kids and music! :rockin:

Sounds like you need to introduce her to a little jimmy page and co.

My kids usually enjoy the music I share with them. Men at Work, Euforquestra, Ella Riot, 80s rock bands in general. But they have their own music as well.

I'm not sure I've specifically subjected them to PF, but I am betting they would love it. Especially with headphones and a nice quiet place to zone out.

I might have to build a Pink Floyd beer recipe and brew it while playing all of their albums. But what kind of beer would it be??

My kids usually enjoy the music I share with them. Men at Work, Euforquestra, Ella Riot, 80s rock bands in general. But they have their own music as well.

I'm not sure I've specifically subjected them to PF, but I am betting they would love it. Especially with headphones and a nice quiet place to zone out.

I might have to build a Pink Floyd beer recipe and brew it while playing all of their albums. But what kind of beer would it be??

I'd do a vanilla porter, inoculate it with Brett, and call it Dark Side of the Moon. Oh wait, I have two of those going right now!

Latest posts

Back