Brewmasters Warehouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say that I had an order recently (Feb) that sat for 8 days or so as "pending"... I finally called them up and they were out of the yeast I ordered so I chose a substitute and was ensured I'd receive the items by the end of the week (I live east coast). All came as ordered...

I was disappointed that I had to call them to get it straight... An e-mail or phone call from them after 2-3 days would have been better. It would have sped things up.

It was a first for them... So I ordered this past weekend. As of right now, it says "Pending" again.... I guess I better call tomorrow as I was hoping to brew this weekend! I'll try to keep you all posted.

I received my first order from Brewmaster's Warehouse today. I will definitely order from them again. There was a slight delay because they were out of an ingredient in my recipe, and they gave me the option of substituting something else for it, having them ship the part of my order they did have and the rest when they got it in, or wait until they could ship it complete. I don't need the stuff until Easter weekend, so i told them to wait and ship it complete. They shipped my COMPLETE order 2 days later. It took less than two weeks from the time I placed my order until today, when it arrived, which is fine with me. I appreciate the $6.99 flat-rate shipping, and the ability to track my shipment right on their website. I also want to add that my order was packaged much better than anything I've ordered from any of the other homebrew supply places (and I've ordered from all of them).

I received my order and everything looks to be well packaged and in good condition. I'll probably order from them again as long as I have at least two weeks of lead time. My guess is St. Patrick's day brewing kept them occupied, I'd also be tempted to call and ask what the general lead time is at any particular moment.

I'm sitting on nearly 2 weeks of a pending order for a simple ball lock valve. Of course I was able to place my order under the impression that it was in stock. After sending an email after not receiving a shipment notification, I was told they were out of stock. I am still without my valve and on the verge of canceling my order for the simple of fact of poor communications.

I'm sure my old scathing review of BMW is in here somewhere. Later after Ed came on apologizing and promising change, I think I recanted. Well, I decided last week to give them another shot. Never again.

I ordered some tubing, BLC, worm clamps and 1 vial of yeast. Naturally, the order goes through fine, money is taken from my account and then.... Nothing. I email in 4 days later and am told "we have been busy, should be able to get to your order today". No apology or anything, and then 3 days after that still nothing.

Just cancelled my order with them again and I will never use Brewmasters Warehouse again.

Far and away the WORST online retailer I have ever used for anything, brewing related or otherwise.

If you want your order in any decent amount of time, or if good customer service matters to you, DO NOT USE Brewmasters Warehouse.

:mad:

Ordered Monday... Shipped Thursday. Not the fastest, but should be here by Tuesday. I know what I am getting with the slower turnarounds lately, but price checked against several other companies, and savings were in the 30% range vs. others.

I may keep looking around though....

The search function doesn't seem to work as good as it can( just in case you happen upgrade the inventory function might wanna look at this as well).

search for "carafoam" or "caramunich" 0 results. You actually carry these grains.

The search function doesn't seem to work as good as it can( just in case you happen upgrade the inventory function might wanna look at this as well).

search for "carafoam" or "caramunich" 0 results. You actually carry these grains.

I had a continuing problem with their "cart". I would add items to it during the month, then when it was time to buy they were gone. I don't dump cookies on my PC, so I think their cart rules were dumping my order. I'd prefer they have it persist for at least 30 days, but I wasn't getting that. Just a minor complaint though.

Otherwise, I've had a few very good experience with BMW. Once, I ordered some silicon tubing. They were out of stock and Ed called me within a day. That was a while ago, before the events listed above.

I got a timely response within 24 hrs upon cancelling my order stating it will take a few days for the transaction to process. At least that was hassle free. Hopefully the credit is made in a more timely manner. Lesson learned.

After a week of no shipping notice.I sent BMW an email wondering whats going on with my order. they wrote back saying not all my order was in stock, If I would like they will ship out whats already in and the rest later, I said yes, do that. another week goes by, still no notice of the remaining order, so I called BMW and was told it's coming in next week.I wait another week and the order is still pending, so I call again and was told the order will be in next week, I cancelled the order that day. with a $185.00 order, $ 135.00 of it was cancelled due to not being in stock.

This rash of complaints is very sad to hear. I have had nothing but great experiences with Ed and BMW and have ordered many times from them in the past, but not recently. They used to have a monthly drawing for loyal customers but I haven't seen any correspondance in months. I'm in the market for some specialty grains for my next dozen batches or so, but I'm reluctant after reading about all the recent problems. A real shame, I hope these are just growing pains and he can get it all straightened out soon.

I did receive my out of stock email the day after the order, but went to junk mail... I would check yours before bad commentary:) I am still a loyal customer and after this last order, intend to stay so:)

Has anyone heard from these guys recently?

I ordered a Crankandstein from them on Feb 18. When it didn't ship after a few days, I contacted them and they told me it was on backorder by about 3 weeks - which is fine, looking around it seems that's not unusual with mill orders. I sent them an email asking for an update last monday and when I didn't get a response filled in the form on their website, but I've yet to hear from them at all and am starting to get a bit concerned.

I managed to get in touch with Ed on the 28th. He apologized for the delay and unanswered emails, and said the mill would ship last week. He's now not answering email, so I'm not sure what to think.

I placed an order last Tuesday. On Wednesday they had charged my credit card. Saturday came and my order still showed pending. I called and the order hadn't shipped so I had to cancel it. They still haven't refunded the credit card charge. I'll be getting Visa on the phone if they haven't refunded by tomorrow.

They have a nice website but I will never consider ordering from them again. Would have been a beatiful day to brew today.

After 3 plus years of great service from BMW, I canceled my first order today. I ordered a week ago with no communication from them. I called today to check and they said they were just getting to it but it would be another week because they were out of two row and vienna.

I was surprised because I expected them to say that they were out of ph calibration solutions. The last few orders I have placed have had issues with out of stock items but they would always have at least the grains and yeast.

I canceled the order verbally and then followed it up in writing on the contact form of the website. I asked about the decline in reliable service, what is the current wait time for online orders, and what was the desired wait time for online orders. The responder was courteous and admitted that service was not where they wanted it, they were running about a week behind, and would like to ship orders in 2-3 days.

It was a sad moment because I am not one to shop around when I have a trusted supplier.

2 years ago I put a huge order through them, it went well.
I was really impressed with the recipe builder and the ability to order 1oz of grain. They show a commitment to the little guy when they process 1oz for $0.12.

They messed up my order last year by sitting on it because they didn't have a $2 fitting in stock(even though they claimed to have it).

Yesterday afternoon I used Northern Brewer for my huge yearly order. It shipped 11am today (It was ready for UPS pickup 2 hours after I placed it). Now that is impressive and also comforting knowing the yeast packets aren't just sitting in a box in a corner of the warehouse.

I've ordered from Brewmaster's Warehouse a couple of times last year with good results. However I just placed a small order last week on April 1st and like other people here recently, was told some things were out of stock and would be in on Monday Apr 8th. It's now Thursday the 11th and my items are apparently still out of stock. If it doesn't get shipped tomorrow I'll likely cancel my order.
Sorry, I just don't wanna wait forever for my stuff, and I've gotta agree with some other posters. DON'T have something listed online then not have it in stock...

I have had the same experience. I'm waiting on an order from 3 weeks ago. I decided to wait on it, but after canceling my last order and now this one taking weeks, I cannot say that I will order from them again.

I received an e-mail today that my order has shipped. Only problem is I ordered it in January and cancelled it in February. I didn't follow up with my credit card, but it doesn't look like they ever cancelled it, as I requested. Of course I hadn't heard anything from them in the 2 1/2 months after I cancelled it until today. Nice of them to hold on to my money for 4 1/2 months though.

I received an e-mail today that my order has shipped. Only problem is I ordered it in January and cancelled it in February. I didn't follow up with my credit card, but it doesn't look like they ever cancelled it, as I requested. Of course I hadn't heard anything from them in the 2 1/2 months after I cancelled it until today. Nice of them to hold on to my money for 4 1/2 months though.

Thanks for the scare, had to go and check my statements again.

I just had a decent experience ordering from BMW. I ordered on a Wednesday night, hadn't heard anything yet so I contacted them via email. Got a response the next day stating that one item was out of stock but would be in next week. Next thing I know the order shipped on Monday and arrived Wednesday from Georgia to Massachusetts. No issues with the order. I do wish their stock was live online, and I should have been contacted about an out of stock item instead of me contacting them, but it all worked out fine.

I placed a large order on Tuesday (4/16/2013), with some specific instructions (4 different batches worth of the same ingredients); "Pending" as of this morning; I will see how long it takes to ship or receive notification of shipping or receive communication about it.

I still suggest BMW to other brewers, with the caveat that they order well in advance of when they need it; still the cheapest place to get ingredients on the web.

I will update you all as the order progresses.

Edit: 10:00am received an email from BMW that they were running a bit behind and would be getting to my order early next week.

I had to cancel a BMW order primarily due to a scheduled brew day being rescheduled to a week sooner. However, the day I cancelled the order was the fifth full business day since I first placed the order. My order was just a small $20 grain bill.

They were quick to cancel and refund, though. One good thing.

Instead, I went to my lhbs (NOT BMW) and paid a few bucks more total and had to sub out a couple things while the employees acted like they didn't want me there. Lesson learned. I'll gladly pay even more for good service and fresh stock next time.

I ordered on the 11th of April. Now the 18th. Still "Pending." I most likely would have had a MB order at my door by today or tomorrow and brewing on Sunday. Love the website, prices, exact amounts on the product ordering, etc...but c'mon! This is assuming pending means it hasn't even been processed yet.

^

I placed an order Monday 4-15. Emailed them 4-17 and they said it would ship that day or 4-18. Today is 4-19, still pending. If I placed a NB or MW order it would have been here already....

I placed an order April 4. No confirmation of my order, so I emailed. They said they were running behind, but my part would be in later the next week (April 11/12ish). Waited til then and no communication, still pending on the website. Emailed again - apparently my part was to arrive later this week (todayish). Still pending on website, no communication from the company. I understand things happen, but it's unlikely I'll do business with these folks again.

So I received the package that had been cancelled in February and yep they screwed it up too. I had ordered 3 beers worth of grains, a carboy cleaner and some other miscellaneous stuff. So what came in the 4" square box? 1 pound of naked oats and some PH strips. I am in total shock at the level of incompetence. I guess I can say at least these were in my original order.

Emailed last week. Second email I have sent. It they would fulfill orders as quickly as they reply to email inquiries, BMW would be the number 1 site on the internet. I was told my order would be sent Friday or Monday as they are "running a bit behind." 11 days thus far with no indication of out of stock items. IF I ever get this order, it is back to Morebeer, AHS and Farmhouse (as well as NW and MW when they have shipping deals) for this brewer for future orders. Unless I order a month ahead.

Edit 4/23: Says shipped!!!!

Similar experience to others. I placed an order on April 16th. Still pending a week later, so I sent an email first thing this morning (April 23rd) and I haven't heard back as of this evening. I had a similar experience with a previous order but decided to try again because their site says they stock a grain that my regular vendor does not.

order placed on 4-16 (see post #2501 pg 251) shipped on 4-24; tracking numbers provided. I will update when order comes in for accuracy.
For me, this appears to be their standard time frame; 1 week+/- to process order, then a few days for it to get here via "brewers special" shipping; in the end I've usually got my stuff in about 2 weeks.

I routinely order from brewmasters, true they have been getting slower and slower, but i like that i can order the exact amount of grains i need and get it all in one bag. Thats nice for me, in lieu of having to order minimum one pound of grains and then match it to other recipes so as not to waste it. i just plan ahead now for the delay in processing.

Add me to the "disappointed with BMW" list. Up until this point I have only had good experiences, however my last order showed up with half of my ordered items missing. I guess this weekend's brewday is canceled. Thanks BMW! :mad:

I emailed them directly asking to cancel my order, rather than using the contact form on their site. I got a quick response saying they would do that.

Supposed to be delivered today! So, shipped Monday and delivered Thursday. I can definitely live with that...seems they just need to fill the orders MUCH quicker. I will see how the product is, and the packaging, and maybe plan a little more ahead. I too love the fact that you can order what you need and it is a nickel less for 2 oz. than it is for a pound.

UPDATE: my order arrived today, all equipment and ingredients are accurate, crush looks good (FYI I always request double crush); however, one issue.. They shipped it to the wrong address. Luckily it is my in-laws place. I verified the shipping address in my email, verified it again on BMW's website, and the invoice inside the box shows the correct address, just the shipping label shows the wrong address. I'm not sure how their shipping department works, but they apparently have my old address in there still. I will inform them and hopefully it won't happen again, but in all honesty my stuff came in the time frame I expect from them, its the right stuff, and luckily it went to my in-laws place so it was only 2.5miles up the road to retrieve it. I will be sending them an email to request that they update my shipping info.

I managed to get in touch with Ed on the 28th. He apologized for the delay and unanswered emails, and said the mill would ship last week. He's now not answering email, so I'm not sure what to think.

I just gave them a call (I guess they just don't like email), and they've dropped crankenstien as a supplier and will be sending out a comparable monster mill on Monday. :)

At one time they were the only place I would order supplies from because of the service, pricing and variety of supplies. Ordering straight from the Brew Builder was one of a kind, not to mention I would get my order the next day after it is shipped.

Getting an email a week after you place an order with: "We are holding your order because we are out of "such and such" ingredient, would like us to send the rest of the order and ship "such and such" when it comes in?" I should have known that the item was out of stock before I even placed an order, thinking I was going to be able to get what I needed, not a week later. They need a better inventory system so customers aren't a victim of the backlog of online orders. This a sad and unprofessional way for BMW to do business after the level of service they used to provide.

The only way I would order anything from BMW right now is if I didn't need it for 6 months or if there was no other place on earth that had the item I needed.
If they ever return to the way they used to do business I'll be right back.
At the moment, Austin Homebrew is my go to place.

Love the brew builder hate everything else about them. Onlu use them cuz they are 10 miles away so no shippingn

Back