E Ciggs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowDrains

Reaction score
I know that there are probably some smokers in this drinking community. Has anyone tried any of the electronic ciggerettes if so what do you think? I just ordered a Green Smoke unit

never tried them but if your trying to quit, I have had sucess getting nicotine free cigs. They make it more of a habit rather than a needed fix. And they taste like hell so that helps fix the habit...

PorterGlenn said:
never tried them but if your trying to quit, I have had sucess getting nicotine free cigs. They make it more of a habit rather than a needed fix. And they taste like hell so that helps fix the habit...

Not really trying to quit I like smoking too much just trying to be healthier I heard from some reviews your taste comes back and lung compacity is better

I've found V2 cigs to be great! cheap when you refill your own and they taste great, make good vapor and have a strong throat hit like real cigs. I have had some issues with batteries not lasting long or shorting out though. Before you buy, look online, there are a ton of coupon codes you can find to save 20% or more.

Not really trying to quit I like smoking too much just trying to be healthier I heard from some reviews your taste comes back and lung compacity is better

Thats bs

Tried em for a bit and ended up with a case of bronchitis so I went back to cigs then quit cold turkey. They are no more healthy for you than analogs are, in some cases they are much worse, plenty of articles about the questionability of them.

Why not just man up and quit?? Work through the withdrawal and get going with a healthier life. Johnny Carson used pencils with erasers on both ends to keep something in his hands and keep his mind off smoking.

I quit smoking when it got too expensive. The price had risen from 35 cents to 40 cents a pack.

Personally I find it amazing that anyone still smokes and even stranger that anyone under the age of 30 would even atart in the first place.

Sorry that I could not give any feedback on the e-cigs.

Like I said I don't want to quit yeah it is disgusting and is bad for you but I'm either going to smoke regular or e cigs green smoke had the best reviews when I was checking online

My wife bought me a Joyetech Ego-T kit for Christmas. It works great. There are an infinite amount of flavors available for them. The kit came with two batteries, wall charger and a USB charger. Normally the flavors or juice as they call it come in 4 to 5 levels of nicotine. If your trying to quit smoking, you can start with the highest level and work your way down to no nicotine.

zach976 said:
My wife bought me a Joyetech Ego-T kit for Christmas. It works great. There are an infinite amount of flavors available for them. The kit came with two batteries, wall charger and a USB charger. Normally the flavors or juice as they call it come in 4 to 5 levels of nicotine. If your trying to quit smoking, you can start with the highest level and work your way down to no nicotine.

Do you find them as satisfieing As the real thing

SlowDrains said:
Do you find them as satisfieing As the real thing

I haven't smoked cigarettes in years but I was smoking cigars pretty often. I enjoy smoking the vapor. I know some people that have used them to quit smoking cigarettes and they are satisfied with them.

When I quit smoking, I wrote a letter to deschute's brewery, asking if they had changed their recipe in the Obsidian stout. Because it tasted that much better. That was almost 2 years ago.

Just quit... before you have a lung removed... Sorry for the preaching. I cannot understand why, with all the knowledge of the danger why anyone would smoke.... Again, sorry for the preaching. I just find cigarette smoking to be a disgusting habit. And again, sorry for the preaching.

Just quit... before you have a lung removed... Sorry for the preaching. I cannot understand why, with all the knowledge of the danger why anyone would smoke.... Again, sorry for the preaching. I just find cigarette smoking to be a disgusting habit. And again, sorry for the preaching.

Best decesion I made was quitting.

I quite with vapor4life they have awesome product would never look back awesome juices tons of flavor and really good batteries

I loved smoking, but quit for my health and career. Best decision of my life, I have a much better appreciation for how food, beer and wine taste. I can breath and laugh without hacking, flying is a ton easier. Two and a half years now, and NO intention of ever going back.

And it leaves me SO MUCH more money for brewing!!!

Tried e-cigs briefly, did not care for them at all. Quit cold turkey instead. That was two years ago. Every now and then when I'm drunk I'll bum a cig off someone, but I haven't bought a pack since.

I tried ecigs for a while. I found that they didn't provide an adequate substitute for me. The draw was much to high to get anything. Most of the liquids either didn't have a good throat hit, so you couldn't tell if you got anything or not, or tasted bad. I did eventually find some liquid that I thought was pretty good. The real killer for me was that the way you absorb the nicotine is different. Different enough that I just didn't feel like I'd had a cigarette after puffing on the ecig.

I did start getting my sense of taste and smell back during the 2 weeks or so I stuck with them. I started smoking again after that.

About a year later I quit. It helped I was pretty stoned for the first couple of weeks on pain pills after some oral surgery.

I can attest to the better breathing and taste/smell senses returning.

I stopped smoking Marlboro Smooths in september 2011, and been smoking e-cigs exclusively. the Joyetech Ego or Ego-T (which someone mentioned) is a very good starter cig. v2cigs are good (so i hear from my coworker who used them). I've never heard of the green smoke ones.

Personally, I vape a variable-voltage box mod at work, and a Chrome Provari at home and elsewhere. Standard voltage cigs (like the joyetech), you adjust the throat hit by the nicotine level of your juice. With a variable-voltage device, you can adjust the power of your hit, thus increasing/decreasing the vapor production and throat hit of any given juice.

I exclusively buy Vermillion River ejuice. www.vermillionriverejuice.com I have spoken with the owner on the phone a couple times, and he's a cool guy. I went through probably 15-20 different BRANDs of juice before settling on them.. No telling how many flavors i went through.

Try www.e-cigarette-forum.com for mounds of info. it's probably just as large a forum as HBT. Also try CASAA (google it) for more concise legal and health related info.

I dunno if e-cigs are 100% safe, and I've never claimed them to be. I DO know they don't have 4000 carcinogens in them like regular cigs, and i DO know i feel better since switching. i don't want to quit smoking either, just like you (to the OP), so i switched to something safER than regular ones.

I also switched from 50 bucks a week for a carton, to about 20 bucks every month to month-and-a-half for a bottle of juice, and some cartomizers.

Not to be rude but.....what does this have to do with brewing and/or beer?

naga77777 said:
I can attest to the better breathing and taste/smell senses returning.

I stopped smoking Marlboro Smooths in september 2011, and been smoking e-cigs exclusively. the Joyetech Ego or Ego-T (which someone mentioned) is a very good starter cig. v2cigs are good (so i hear from my coworker who used them). I've never heard of the green smoke ones.

Personally, I vape a variable-voltage box mod at work, and a Chrome Provari at home and elsewhere. Standard voltage cigs (like the joyetech), you adjust the throat hit by the nicotine level of your juice. With a variable-voltage device, you can adjust the power of your hit, thus increasing/decreasing the vapor production and throat hit of any given juice.

I exclusively buy Vermillion River ejuice. www.vermillionriverejuice.com I have spoken with the owner on the phone a couple times, and he's a cool guy. I went through probably 15-20 different BRANDs of juice before settling on them.. No telling how many flavors i went through.

Try www.e-cigarette-forum.com for mounds of info. it's probably just as large a forum as HBT. Also try CASAA (google it) for more consice legal and health related info.

I dunno if e-cigs are 100% safe, and I've never claimed them to be. I DO know they don't have 4000 carcinogens in them like regular cigs, and i DO know i feel better since switching. i don't want to quit smoking either, just like you (to the OP), so i switched to something safER than regular ones.

I also switched from 50 bucks a week for a carton, to about 20 bucks every month to month-and-a-half for a bottle of juice, and some cartomizers.

Yeah I'm sure nothing is the only way to be 100 percent safe. I do believe they are better than regular smokes like you said thousands of carcinogens. I was reading a couple of reports all the physicians say the same they are better than regular but not smoking at all is best.

I know that there are probably some smokers in this drinking community. Has anyone tried any of the electronic ciggerettes if so what do you think? I just ordered a Green Smoke unit
If you get the ones that are refillable, you will be pleased. They have like 300 flavors to choose from. I didn'tlike the Green Smoke.

I smoked a pack a day for 7 years ago and quit 4 years ago. I won't convince you to quit or get all preachy.

However, when i started to want to quit i got an e-cigarette cause like you i figured it's better the smoking and would help me kick the habit. What ended up happening is that I'd hit the vape all the time whenever i wanted and then I'd smoke cigarettes. While i had the vape i certainly smoked less, but when i ran out i ended up smoking close to two packs a day. All it did was make me more addicted to nicotine. Infect, if you do a quick search you'll find a study the WHO (world health organization) conducted on E-cigs and their data showed just that; e-cigs increase your addiction to nicotine.

The best thing you can do is quit. If you're gonna smoke just limit yourself and only allow "x" amount a day.

Best of luck!

After 20 years of smoking I quit 2 years ago. My sense of smell and taste
are back.I could not appreciate subtle malt aromas and flavor before.
The vapor is not smoke,so less effect on smell and taste.(I believe)
I will never smoke again,but people should have the right to do as they wish.

I vape with v2s as well, awesome entry level e-cig. I can say that the experience is slightly different then that of a real cigarette but in my opinion better. A good portion of the time I don't even inhale just enjoy the taste of chocolate or cherry.

I found that by quiting smoking I can drink more beer but for every cig I used to smoke I just drink more leading to drunker times.

I'll jump on the just quit bandwagon. Smoked from age 13 to 40 and quit cold turkey 4 years ago. It was a life-changing event. After some initial misery (I won't lie, the first month is NOT easy), I feel better than I have in years, started running and just in general am more active and lost 35lbs and counting.

I liked smoking too, but I like my life a lot more now. My opinion of the E-Cigs is "what's the point?" You might aw well just start mainlining nicotine.

My opinion of the E-Cigs is "what's the point?" You might aw well just start mainlining nicotine.

The ECig is made to continue the nicotine habit (dependency) without the carcinogenic poisons found in tobacco cigarettes. (Note that nicotine has never been shown to be carcinogenic).

I have been "steaming" for about 2 years now, currently on a Volcano Lava Tube V1.

And (in order to save money) I make my own "juice":D

Back