Kcco?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been following the site for about 9 months now, more out of a sense of amused bewilderment than a sense of belonging or anything else. I guess I just don't get it. I mean, sure they post some funny and/or interesting stuff on there, but the majority of it is the exact same content you find on any other funny picture/gif aggregation site. Some of the original content is pretty good, but some of it just leaves me scratching my head.

I got introduced to it by a friend's wife who apparently found a picture of me and my buddy on HMotB from when we were doing a Tough Mudder event together. After that, I started noticing people everywhere wearing KCCOs, BFMs, spreading the gospel of how apparently Bill Murray is the greatest actor of all time, etc. I finally started going to the site out of curiosity, and haven't quite been able to stop. I even ran into someone the other day at a bar wearing a BFM and bought them a drink, mostly because I was really hammered and found it amusing.

I really don't understand the rabid cult-like devotion some people have for it, but I have to say I do appreciate the part where hot chicks are constantly sending pics of themselves in their underwear to be posted on the site. Hump Day is pretty much the highlight of my week. The stuff with Nick Offerman is always hilarious too.

I only found it a couple months ago but now its the only site I go to for that stuff.

I think the following comes from exactly what you did for someone else wearing a t-shirt. Its that Pay it forward that is what drives the site.

And Murray is the greatest actor of all-time. Followed closely by Chase.

Plus boobs and ass always help.

I visit all the time, have a shirt, and all that jazz. I have ran into a couple fellow Chivers randomly in a bar or at a concert and there is always a strange sense of camaraderie. The guys that run it have had a couple hoaxes (just wiki the site) that made the site semi-famous. Punity is right about the Pay It Forward routine being the main theme that keeps it alive. Those guys also do a lot of stuff for people who are sick or have special needs. I have also heard their parties are outrageous. I work quite a few 7am-7pm shifts a month and thechive is always there for me.

pictures of attractive coeds in towels or yoga pants showing off their ass-ets (no nudity), amusing fottergraphs, memes, etc,

I check it out to pass the time while rockin a deuce, it's entertaining. I have BFM and KCCO shirts that I wear out sometimes, I get a bunch of free beer from them. My buddy(big chiver) talked me into going to an unofficial meetup in Dallas...I'm not sure if it was the chive people or the fact that I was in Dallas but the bar was filled with dbags. I like the site, some of its followers not so much.

I'm not sure if it was the chive people or the fact that I was in Dallas but the bar was filled with dbags.

It's Dallas, trust me.

I partake, have a few shirts, have been put in the Chive Everywhere a few times, given and received drinks at the bar, been known to shout "chive on" to people from across the way. It's a great site for killing time and boosting boobs....I mean moods.

Latest posts

Back