Got a nice Knife? Let's see it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MidTNJasonF

Reaction score
Another Forum I frequent has some interesting threads on off topic things that members are passionate about or other thing they collect.

One such thread is Knives. From the sturdy everyday carry pocket knives to the fine hand crafted collection pieces.

So do you have an appreciation for fine cutting instruments? Do you collect knives? Are you a bladesmith or knife maker? If so share some of your photos. I know you have them.

I will start us off with my humble collection of sharp shiny things.

Collection01.jpg
Collection02.jpg

The above photos contain:

A small scrimshaw knife my father purchased in the 70's while stationed in Hawaii and gave to me in later years. His initials are engraved in the back.

scrimshaw01.jpg
scrimshaw02.jpg
scrimshaw03.jpg

My very first knife. It was given to me when I was in the Cub Scouts at about 8 or so years old. I hacked a bunch of wood with it and called it whittling back in the day. I also managed to slice off a better part of the knuckle on my left thumb with it. I thought I had lost it in the 80's but after a move a few years ago I found it completely rusted and corroded in an old crown royal bag. I soaked it, cleaned it, and bead blasted it back to a somewhat presentable condition.

Cubscout01.jpg

My Grandfathers Kabar. It is the only possession I have from him after his passing. It was completely corroded and rusted shut when I came into possession of it. I have soaked and cleaned it but there is a bent or broken lock bar in it still. I would love to find someone to restore it and fix it but for now it just stays in my drawer.

kabar01.jpg

The CRKT Halligan H.U.G. was purchased to be an everyday carry knife but I did not like the thumb post and how it caught on my pocket. I have retired it and leave it in the drawer.

crkthug01.jpg

The CRKT Crawford Design Point Guard is my everyday carry knife now. It has been fantastic. Light and solid but has taken a ton of abuse. It was getting so badly scrapped up and damaged that I recently completely disassembled it, bead blasted all the metal components, cleaned everything, and reassembled it.

crktcrawford01.jpg

crktcrawford02.jpg

I also now carry a CRKT Lumabiner everyday as a pocket flashlight, back up knife, and keychain. It has been pretty handy and the LED is nice and bright.

crktlumabiner01.jpg

crktlumabiner02.jpg

I forgot to put my old Gerber EZ-Out in the collection picture but here it is. I would still be using it as my every day carry knife but it is just too big. Keeps an edge better than any pocket knife I have actually carried and used heavily.

gerber01.jpg
gerber02.jpg
gerber03.jpg

I did not have it to take pictures today but I also have a Benchmade Snody Fixed Blade Instigator Neck Knife I keep in the car console. Had to use a stock photo for it.

benchmadeinstegator.jpg

Latest posts

Back