Triple San: I think you make like it more than Star San, I do.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choosybeggar

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A while back, I switched from Star San to Triple San. I switched b/c my LHBS carried Triple San and it was cheaper than buying Star San online. I was assured by my LHBS (which is also a wholesale supplier to many craft breweries in the PacNW) that the product would perform as well as Star San. Like Star San, it is an acid based no rinse sanitizer. It employs sulfuric not phosphoric acid and uses long chain carboxylic acids instead of the more detergent like ingredient of Star San (Dodecylbenzene Sulfonic Acid). Since I began using it, I learned this product is widely used for CIP (clean in place) applications in the dairy industry.

From a performance perspective, it works like a charm. No contamination, no off flavors in >20 brews over the last year or so. Also, it is very low foaming, so your fear the foam worries will be behind you. One quibble is that if you make it up with cold tap water (65 F or cooler) a small amount of precipitate forms. This does not appear to affect performance (

Back