corny keg flow problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krausen89

Reaction score
okay so i havnt used my corny keg in awhile, yesterday i was cleaning it out and i run pbw through the lines after take everything apart and clean it. then i run sanitizer though the lines. heres my problem...im not getting any flow. it was about half full with starsan and for it to dispense at an alright pace it has to be at 20psi. which dosnt make any sense...ive taken everything apart over and over. and i dont see anything wrong. im not sure if the keg being half full has something to do with it? but i doubt it.....i read somewhere that the diptube has to be positioned right? mine seems to be moving (loose) and it spins. do i need to replace the o ring? please help.

Sounds weird! Being half full shouldn't be an issue, it should run fine all the way to empty.

I would double check there is no hop gunk stuck in the dip tube and in the top of the beer post (what screws in over the top of the dip tube).

Also check that your beer line connection to the beer post isn't damaged, because it might not be depressing that little valve enough to get flow.

Then check for kinks in your line beer, and taking apart and cleaning your facet thoroughly in case there is some old gunk cemented in there.

Last thing would be to double check your regulator. It might not be putting the amount of gas into your keg that the dial says. Not sure how to actually check this, but if its reading 20 and actually only pushing 3psi you might have your culprit.

Other than that, I'm as stumped at you are!

I take both off and can shoot water out of the beer out side. There is no gunk, its spotless. Ive only used this set up a couple times. My guess is its in the ball lock fitting. But when the line full of water i can open the tap and press the rod in it and it empties as usual. Not sure. i will have to mess around with it some more. The one gasket in the ball lock is a little beat up. (The one that seals the top screw part) but im not sure this would restrict flow.. the psi is def right. when i purge, it def has the pressure in there.

when i have a chance, i will switch over the o-ring from the gas and see if that solves the problem. the only thing i can think of is that its getting jammed into the whole where the beer comes out.

Make sure the lines aren't leaning against the back of the fridge where the coils can freeze the beer in the line, preventing flow.

Edit. That should have said AREN'T leaning. Fixed.

Also be sure that your liquid ball lock connector is all the way down and the collar has snapped down in place. Some run into the dispensing problem cause they didn't "wrestle" the fitting all the way down on the post. My plastic liquid fittings are pain in the ass without keg lube.

Good luck!

:mug:

Just curious. Was there a resolution to this? I am having a problem similar with this. I suspect the post and/or dip tube. I have fairly new kegs, Indian made. Initially I thought is the quick connect and reducing the pin size helped in one keg but on the second one forms up like hell. Its not the line. I changed to a picnic like that always worked and the results are identical.lots of foam.

Latest posts

Back