Nitro (beergas) problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasben

Reaction score
Initially carbed my bitter to around 1 volume then hooked up beer gas at 25psi for a week. This comes just blasting out so fast...not overcarbed or anything either. Any ideas? 7 feet of lines beer taste fine just insane speeds..been using my keezer for a long time and never had probs I couldn't figure out...this one has me baffled

I assume you're using a stout faucet? Try unscrewing the spout part to make sure the restrictor plate is in there.

I had a problem similar to this awhile back with a new nitro setup in my keezer. You said you have the metal restriction disc in the nozzle, do you also have the small plastic flow straightener that goes in the nozzle before you install the disc? With the symptoms you describe, it sounds to me like that piece is missing...

billybryson54 said:
I had a problem similar to this awhile back with a new nitro setup in my keezer. You said you have the metal restriction disc in the nozzle, do you also have the small plastic flow straightener that goes in the nozzle before you install the disc? With the symptoms you describe, it sounds to me like that piece is missing...

Good call. Without that the disc wouldn't sit flat.

Hmmm no idea about that. There is a small plastic piece below the disc.

ForumRunner_20130415_195426.png

Back