What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy homebrewed Mayday

ForumRunner_20130501_183442.jpg

NIZZLE said:
Well if it taste good who cares what it is and it looks like it taste awesome :D I love me some venison cant wait to go kill one in October when bow hunting starts although i do kill a lot with my bow

Yeah, I always look forward to deer season all year long.
Making burgers is one of my favorite ways to have it. When I grind it, I add 30% ground bacon ends. Turns out awesome.

Hail Great Divide! A 10.2% ale brewed with birch syrup and aged on birch chips. Smoooooooth...

19ale.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:
Verdict on WestlyS DIPA:

Definitely a west coast ipa. Smell I detect citrus/tropical and maybe some pine, the taste first is fairly bitter but fades quickly to similar to the smell and something I refer to as onioney taste like in Oskar blues distant dale. Not a fan of this flavor, I like more fruit balance IPAs. Overall an excellent brew and you can't taste the booze in this one. The bitterness seems to fade once it warms or its just numbing my tongue lol. Well made Wes!

That's because I dry hopped with onion. ;)
I definitely went for a complete hop bomb with zero regard for balance.

WesleyS said:
That's because I dry hopped with onion. ;)
I definitely went for a complete hop bomb with zero regard for balance.

Any Summit in that beer Wesley? I personally don't get onion from Summit, but my friend does (he also suffers from the Simcoe/cat piss syndrome, poor bastard).

mcbaumannerb said:
I'll save Wesley from posting ... start with the Wookey!

Wookey? Who said Wookey? I could swear I saw a picture of Wookey. And then someone mentioned Wookey. Wookey?
Woooooookeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

Yes, I have issues. ;)

allenH said:
Any Summit in that beer Wesley? I personally don't get onion from Summit, but my friend does (he also suffers from the Simcoe/cat piss syndrome, poor bastard).

No Summit.

Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo and Citra.

WesleyS said:
No Summit.

Simcoe, Mosaic, Amarillo and Citra.

I don't see any perceived onion in that, sounds delicious. The only hop in there that I'm not a "huge" fan of is Mosaic, but the only commercial beer I have tried with them is Terrapin Mosaic, which to me, seemed kind of grassy. I do have another bottle to try this weekend.

allenH said:
I don't see any perceived onion in that, sounds delicious. The only hop in there that I'm not a "huge" fan of is Mosaic, the only commercial beer I have tried with them is Terrapin Mosaic, which to me, seemed kind of grassy. I do have another bottle to try this weekend.

This was my first time brewing with Mosaic. They smelled great when I opened the bag. I thought about using it as a solo hop in an APA one day to see what it's like on its own.

Had a quite a few with dinner. A flight of five four ounce pours at Willimantic Brewing Co. consisting of Founders All Day IPA, Bask East Brewing Imperial IPA, Willibrew's Address Unkown IPA, Hop Abyss Black IPA, and Sterling Nugget IPA. Followed that up with a pint of Two Roads Ol' Factory Pils and Bershire Brewing Coffee Nitro Porter (no pics). Now I am home and rocking a Baxter IPA.

20130501_181053.jpg

20130501_203300.jpg

auroch's horn fantastic. find it, drink it. the hebrew is swell.
a good beer night. now onto my questionable homebrews.;)

2.jpg

mail.jpg

My first scratch recipe honey wheat. It's significantly darker than I planned, but tastes decent.

image-393141490.jpg

Sock it to me, Saku Tume

First Estonian brew I've had. Not too shabby, very malty.

HB Pilgrim King- my version(Belgian pale ale: The king recipe from zymurgy mag a year or two ago but subbed) Also an aged ginger pale ale, great ginger aroma/taste still. Both pretty good. Tryin to thin the herd of my hombrew stash also checking on carbonation/safety of older brews .:)

Swarley88 said:
Cool bottle though. I wish I stocked up on Alchemy Hour too. Having this out of the cellar though. Scotty Karate. Also yes that box that Wes is sending back to me is originally from Allenh. Aka the master of all packaging.

Maybe you'll have the opportunity to send it back to him with a trade one day. And then the universe will once again achieve balance.
And the beer trade box cycle will begin anew. ;)

Maybe you'll have the opportunity to send it back to him with a trade one day. And then the universe will once again achieve balance.
And the beer trade box cycle will begin anew. ;)

Haha luckily for him that beast of a box will be in perfect condition too.

Back