Cloudy Pilsner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickfanelli

Reaction score
Hey beer bros,

I need some help again. I have had my Pilsner it the primary for almost two weeks. I checked it today with the thief and it is still very cloudy. The temperature has be around 60-61F the suggested temp was 58-59F.

The SG is really close to the specified level, but it is super cloudy. Is this perhaps because it is a top fermenting yeast or do I have. problem?

Here are some photos

image-2398697287.jpg

image-919998953.jpg

Give it another week or so to settle out clear or slightly misty (as unionrdr says). Then check sg again. If its ready rack keeping the autosiphon off the trub to avoid stirring it up again.

After two weeks your beer should be at FG. You can rack it to secondary or cold crash it for a week and then bottle/keg.

I am leaving for vacation for 10 days this week. My Bly choice may be to rack it and leave it. Do you think it will be ok until I get back?

S23 for me tends to clear very slowly. Even when kegged still maintains a yeast haze for about 2-3 weeks. This is evidenced by a distinct flavor change from cloudy to clear which rules out chill haze.

Back