Nikobrew Rhizome pre-orders

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mo_feezy

Reaction score
Did anyone else place a pre-order for hop rhizomes with Nikobrew? They were supposed to ship early april. I ordered early february, and paid through paypal, but never heard anything after I sent payment. No updates. The website no longer lists them, I emailed them through the site and haven't had a reply in a few days.

This was my first order with nikobrew. Did anyone else order from them?

I ordered a zeus and chinook from them in February and I received them in the mail earlier this week. But those 2 varieties were from a "local Idaho farm" so I think they used a different supplier for all of their other varieties. Hope you find out what's up with your order!

Well that's somewhat encouraging. I emailed the email address associated with them through paypal this morning, so I'll update if I hear back. Did you get a notice that they had shipped or did they just show up?

I did get an email with a USPS tracking number shortly before I received my rhizomes. But I don't know if they shipped from the 'local farm' or from Nikobrew. The envelope is gone otherwise I'd look for you. :/

I just looked at my email receipt that I was sent immediately after I ordered my rhizomes and it did have an estimated release date on it.

I just got an email back from nikobrew. I guess some kind of mixup happened. my payment went through, but no record on the website of the order. I'm waiting to hear back if he is still able to get the rhizomes I ordered for me. If that doesn't happen I am looking for 1 cascade, 1 chinook, 1 centennial, 1 willamette. The worst part is that I would have just ordered elsewhere had I known this was the problem. But I guess there was no way I could've known without emailing. I tried to be courteous and waited until they were supposed to ship (this week). oh well, I'll post back with whatever resolution happens. Seems like I am counting on a refund and trying to find rhizomes asap though.

does anyone know a site I could get all of these still? i'd prefer a single order to save on shipping.

I'll ship you a willamette crown if you'd like. It was started in a pot last year, then transfered to the ground halfway through the season. You can have the whole thing if the above doesn't work out. It had loads of bines by the time the year ended but produced no cones. i just let it go crazy basically on the ground to build up root structure. Problem is i don't really have the space for it now.

I just heard back. Some sort of software mix up. Nikobrew still had all but cascade, so I'm looking to get a cascade rhizome. I'm away from a computer (on phone) but I will check out some of the replies here to replace the cascade. Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Just ordered from you, Hopfarmer. Cheers!

Thanks again, everyone.

recap - Ordered some hops from Nikobrew. Online order seemed to go through, but for whatever reason no record appeared. Payment had already been sent. Contacted Nikobrew, they were out of 1 variety of the 4 I had ordered. Offered to send me the 3 they did have, and threw in a few extra rhizomes of one of the varieties. Refunded for the one that was out of stock. I ordered that missing hop from Hopfarmer. I am relieved to have it sorted out just in time. Cheers all around.

Back