Beat Up Saison Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambleon

Reaction score
I brewed what I thought was going to be a moderately strong saison with 3711 last month and that yeast took it down to less than 1.000! Needless to say that is now one very strong beer (8.5%). I was so impressed with this yeast I decided to wash it and reuse it despite the stress of heat and high abv. I'm going to reuse it as many times as possible to hopefully get even more funk and hopefully a mutated "house" character. Anyone have experience with this? Updates to follow...

It's a beast. I just made my first batch with it. It went from 1.075 to 1.004 and still hasn't flocced.

If you do a title only search for 3711 you'll get a ton of threads echoing yours and my sentiments.

I have used it past 10 generations and it seems to be fine. If you repitch, it will probably get a lower final gravity on it's second generation

Back