First time kegger - Need Opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NedStackey

Reaction score
Hey everyone

So I'm kegging for the first time today. I've replace all the o-rings and tested for pressure.

My thought is to rack over to the keg and just put enough C02 in the tank to void all oxygen. Once that was done I'm thinking of taking it off the gas and letting it condition for about a week before I actually force carbonate. Mainly this is because I'm leaving for the east cost for a week tomorrow. I have 2 kegs so my thought is I'll sanitize my lines using the 2nd keg and then actually hook up the beer. Is this pretty standard practice? I like to condition because I feel it really adds to the beer's flavor.

The other option I guess would be to just put pressure in the keg, leave in the keggerator for a week and by the time I'm back it would be carbonated.

Thanks

Sinc e you're going to be gone for a week anyways, I say put it in the fridge and leave it hooked up at serving pressure 10-12psi. When u get back it will be carbed and ready to rock!

Awesome! Thanks for the advice. I'm really digging the kegging already, so much less to clean and sanitize every time.

tonyc318 said:
Sinc e you're going to be gone for a week anyways, I say put it in the fridge and leave it hooked up at serving pressure 10-12psi. When u get back it will be carbed and ready to rock!

+1

Do this and you will be golden!

So pressurized to 11 just to cut the difference and it's all good to go. I can't wait to walk in after a week of being in Virginia straight to the tap and poor me a glass.

Back