$24 10g cooler - true story bro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezy

Reaction score
Just gloating.

I've been shopping for a 5 or 10 gallon cooler for a mash tun. 5 would be ok, 10 would be better...right? So I stopped at Wallymart, checked home depot's website, they're in the $45-75 range.

so I checked Lowes' site today from work, and I see a Rubbermaid 10-gallon for $23.99. I notice it has my local store set to one by my work, but I'd rather pick it up at one that's on my way home from work (the one by work being the wrong direction). When I switch it, the cost goes to $46.99....so I hastily switch it back to the original store and the low price shows back up. I very quickly ordered one for store pick up.

I would give you guys a link but when I just went back to get it...the low price is gone and it's back to $46.99! haha. good for me.

What they didn't tell you, is that that one, was a return that was previously filled w/ horse vomit. J/K nice score!

Why not return it without the receipt and get a few bucks back ;)

j/k that would not be cool

haha!

I went to pick it up and was checking out some other stuff while they were bringing the cooler up from the back. They had two more on the shelves at the sale price, and it was a permanent mark down sticker on the rack.

I thought seriously about picking another one up. The inner shell of the 10g cooler would make a perfect size BIAB basket for one of the MiniBrew MLTS: http://www.minibrew.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6&zenid=6b9049549d36914f465edffd84b9a698

where else are you going to get a BIAB basket that big for $24?

Back