Washer from wort chiller fell into boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeprock2

Reaction score
So I was brewing and when I had 15 min left I put my wort chiller in the pot to sanitize. When I did the rubber washer in to hose adapter part fell into the boiling wort. I wasn't able to find it until the boil finished and all the wort was in a carboy. Should I toss the batch? I'm not worried about infection. I'm more worried about stuff leeching out of the rubber/plastic washer into the wort. This is the adapter I used that had the washer: http://m.homedepot.com/p/SharkBite-...0-Degree-Dishwasher-Elbow-U2276LFA/202721837/

Ya, I normally don't worry about this sort of thing but I guess the combination of the boiling wort and a rubber washer scared me.

Thanks

Your first reaction to any brewing incident is don't panic. Usually thing turn out best if you just roll with it. In your case, you had enough time in the boil to sanitize that washer.

Latest posts

Back