Need help with bar name

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtBagRob

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the best area of the forum to post this..... I need help naming a bar. Its not mine, my girlfriend is going to be the GM and its her bosses and he wanted a bunch of name ideas from her by next week. A little background... its in Casper, Wyoming in an industrial part of town. Casper and its economy revolve almost entirely around the oil and natural gas industry so most people in town have some connection to that but the area is only about 70k people so the bar needs to appeal to everyone. All of the businesses near it are oil field contractors and part suppliers and the bar is outside of the city limits so smoking is allowed inside (only like 5 bars around its still allowed in) so the clientele will be mostly blue collar. The inside of the bar is really nice and new and they're going to be putting in a half dozen flat screens but sports aren't a draw here like they would be in Fort Worth or Columbus, so we can't really use that angle for the name. There is also a full kitchen and attached banquet hall so they'll need to have a name that isn't too trashy sounding incase someone wants to do a wedding reception there. I work in the oil field and I thought I'd be able to come up with something but I'm not very creative.... I'd appreciate any ideas you creative types could come up with or any help at all. If you want any more info let me know. Thanks!

Really great ideas so far!! Keep em' coming! And I'm sort of embarrassed that tally350z came up with the name "the pipeline" before I did..... I'm a pipeline operations foreman. :eek: I make pretty good beer I think and I enjoy and understand the science of it, but don't ask my to name one of my beers unless you like them to be named after a style out of the BJCP handbook because that's about the extent of my creativity.....

I like seriously old school like ALE HAUS or the BIERGARTEN.

Maybe not so original, but conniseurs and noobs alike will like it.

The Brass Rail. (Isn't it a law that there is supposed to be a bar with that name in every town?)

Back