water Mellon cider.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirfate

Reaction score
ForumRunner_20130423_085853.jpg

ForumRunner_20130423_085835.jpg

I have never worked with water mellon before I used five medium watermelon five pounds of strawberrys that I juiced one can of frozen apple concentrate one can pineapple concentrate one white one regular cans one concentrate and about three and a half pounds of sugar, it had a potential of making 10% ABV and has been fermenting well I also added yeast nutrient and yeast also used camden tablets and let it sit 24 hours before adding my yeast and nutrient.

Yes it was good very sweet before I added the yeast, I'm going to wait a few more days and bottle it so it stays sweet and pasteurize it on the stove.

It's fermenting away now about three bubbles every two seconds, I think ill check the ABV tonight if its 5% ill try a sample and see if I want to bottle now or wait and back sweeten.

It's done fermenting I put it into a secondary carboy l, I wish I boiled the watermelon more its not as strong of a taste as I would like, I'm going to try something that may be kind of strange figure I would test out the idea of flavoring with snowball flavor concentrate. If I make it again I would boil the four mellon so that it equals the liquid of one so maybe in the summer when they are very cheap ill try it again, and I think pineapple juice would work well to sweeten it.

I juiced part of the rind but tried to remove most of the green, the white and green part is not to sweet.

It's done fermenting I put it into a secondary carboy l, I wish I boiled the watermelon more its not as strong of a taste as I would like, I'm going to try something that may be kind of strange figure I would test out the idea of flavoring with snowball flavor concentrate. If I make it again I would boil the four mellon so that it equals the liquid of one so maybe in the summer when they are very cheap ill try it again, and I think pineapple juice would work well to sweeten it.

The red part: you would boil the juice until it is reduced to the juice 1 watermelon would produce? Sorry, couldn't understand it that wel :eek:

I would boil it till its 35 percent of what you put it, watermelon does not have a strong taste. And I'm just leaving it in secondary to clear up a little.

I could I just made six gallons not sure what way I want to use to incorporate the watermelon taste.

Well I tried it over the weekend, it had a bit of a sour taste, the smell was not as sweet as I thought it would be, it was like a musty smell.

Sat for about a month I like the taste, but it smells a little musky, but I like the sour taste I left it flat.

It was not all that sweet I kept it flat if you want it sweet then boil the watermelon a bit more.

Back