A few Noob questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrshaund

Reaction score
I Planted 2 Mt Hood, 1 Goldings and 1 hallertau about 2 weeks ago I live in michigan and the weather has been bi polar this year one day 60 the next day 30 with a ton of rain so far. Anyway My hallertau broke ground but none of the others have, they all have mulch compost etc was wondering if the climate change for this year would cause issues.

Depending on the health of the rhizomes, they may not all sprout. Last year, 1/2 of my rhizomes sprouted, this year all of them did.

1st year rhizomes simply take some time. Without major root structure they don't have the energy supply to shoot out early in the season.
The compost should keep in enough heat. We had a hard freeze here in NW OH last week (down to 22 overnight) and all of my plants that had broken ground have rebounded so a little bit of snow won't kill them.

Back