What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hb Bloody Beer. Delicious! But time for a rebrew

ForumRunner_20130427_195336.jpg

Iron Springs Epiphany Ale

Interesting hoppy amber. Maybe a bit too sweet in the finish for me, but it was free (gift). Decent.

Usually swmbo does well at the bottle shop. Today she brought home some cider (we actually have some really good cideries here in Maine, sometimes cider comes in dry hopped form even, someone tell Vermont to stop trying to be Maine) woodchuck is much better than angry orchard, but IMO only just so. This one has blueberries as well.

20130427_213505.jpg

A one week bottled all-German IPA with kolsh yeast. Reminds me alot of how my all Fuggles IPA was at first think I used wlp060 american blend yeast on that one. Has a strong hop sweet/generic fruit type aroma(not a bad thing-just not the typical american fruit)/taste,expecting it to fade alot after it carbs better, think I will like the all german malts backbone once that shows more and am actually looking forward to that. Should be a good one to age some. Becoming inspired in useing more different german malts also after trying them.

Also my last can of Euphoria pale ale :( Holds up nicley for quite allong time in the fridge though. One of my favorate pale ales. Must find out whats in it...

Smuttynose IPA, not bad but a bit clouded as I forgot that these are bottle conditioned and was a bit overzealous during my pour.

So far tonight:

Cooper's Stout/Dark Ale Toucan
Partial Mash Double Chocolate Milk stout based off a Cooper's OS Stout
Lounge Lemon Lime Margarita (wine based cocktail kit)

Brown Shugga. Was looking for something on the boozier side, but didn't want t open something I couldn't fully enjoy so....I thought I'd see how this was maturing.

Dang! Tastes like rubbing alcohol and hop extract fresh, but with a few months on it, I'm looking forward to buying a case next year. It's my new Bigfoot.

HB Hopbursted IPA. I am definitely going to start playing with more all late addition beers. The amount of hops used it a bit scary, but the results are amazing

It's so preeeettty. Still not sure what to really call it. My first partial mash with a high IBU, ESB yeast, around 5%... Whatever it is, it sure is tasty

image-2239019074.jpg

allenH said:
HB Hopbursted IPA. I am definitely going to start playing with more all late addition beers. The amount of hops used it a bit scary, but the results are amazing

My recent DIPA used a lot of late hops. I used 3 oz of Simcoe at 30 for the main portion of IBUs and then hopped with four different hops every five minutes after that and used a healthy dose of hop stand hops. It tasted and smelled like it had already been dry hopped when I tested it before adding the dry hops. But I used 4 oz to dry hop just to push it over the edge. 17 oz total for a 5 gallon batch. But I'm sold on late hopping and hop stands now. They produce great results.

I'm having an awesome weekend!!

Having a Ranger Creek- Rimfire single malt whiskey to celebrate. I'm celebrating because I was at local brewery party they had at their location. It's Buffalo Bayou brewing in Houston, TX. They had a competition at the end of the party to be a brew master for a day and I WON!!!! I so excited and can't wait to brew a commercial batch! :mug: I'm a happy camper :)
ForumRunner_20130427_230218.png

Here is my ugly mug with clint lowery of sevendust/dark new day/call me no one!! Amazing concert. Sevendust, coal chambers, Lacuna coil, and stolen babies. Got two drum sticks and picks from Lacuna coil and sevendust plus signed cds :)
ForumRunner_20130427_230231.png

One of the best shows I have seen!! Life is good..

DisturbdChemist said:
I'm having an awesome weekend!!

Having a Ranger Creek- Rimfire single malt whiskey to celebrate. I'm celebrating because I was a local brewery party they had at their location. It's Buffalo Bayou brewing in Houston, TX. They had a competition at the end to be a brew master for a day and I WON!!!! I so excited and can't wait to brew a commercial batch! :mug: I'm a happy camper :)

I knew I should've went to that party! I didn't know there'd be a chance to win that.
That's pretty cool that you won it. You need to tell them I have to be there as your assistant brewer. ;)

WesleyS said:
My recent DIPA used a lot of late hops. I used 3 oz of Simcoe at 30 for the main portion of IBUs and then hopped with four different hops every five minutes after that and used a healthy dose of hop stand hops. It tasted and smelled like it had already been dry hopped when I tested it before adding the dry hops. But I used 4 oz to dry hop just to push it over the edge. 17 oz total for a 5 gallon batch. But I'm sold on late hopping and hop stands now. They produce great results.

After tasting this beer, I'm pretty sure hop bursting and hop stands (mine included a 2.5oz 20 minute hop stand) are tricks of the pro brewers. That's what I have been missing, the nose on this beer makes your toes curl!

allenH said:
After tasting this beer, I'm pretty sure hop bursting and hop stands (mine included a 2.5oz 20 minute hop stand) are tricks of the pro brewers. That's what I have been missing, the nose on this beer makes your toes curl!

Yep, I'll never brew an IPA again without a large flameout addition and hop stand.

Yikes and I thought 10oz in a IPA I brewed for my brother was a lot of hops. Rock On!

My own peach wine with tea. It's excellent, but next time I think I'll leave out the tea. I think it would be better with the cleaner flavor that should result. 13.65%, and oh boy did that sneak up on me. That's the last of the bottle in the photo, and I'm drinking alone tonight.

peachwineknife.jpg

Prairie somewhere after a long night at the restaurant. It's fitting because two of my cooks were somewhere tonight, but I don't know where. The life of a sous chef

Latest posts

Back