Help me choose my tower kit please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meegwell

Reaction score
Hello all I am about to purchase a dual tap tower conversion kit and have a few questions. Here is what I know:

I want a dual tap tower
Im converting a danby fridge (research done there, converting for 2 corneys and a 5lb)
Ill use mostly domestic corny kegs (i think, i dont home brew yet and will be buying from my local beer suppliers and breweries?)
I want "higher" quality

Here is what I dont know:

A lot of the kits look the same, what are common differences(considering my choice of dual tap tower)?
What is the air splitter and what is the difference in regulators?
I see one place has a manifold for air and they say thats better than a Y splitter is this true or should I say does it matter?
I think I need american D sanke giving my beer preference?
I see perlick faucets touted as the best, but dont see them in the online kits or havent found one that offers them as part of the kit? How important is this?
What else should this noob be considering?
I think i can get this under 300 beans, is this correct?

Thanks!

Hello all I am about to purchase a dual tap tower conversion kit and have a few questions. Here is what I know:

I want a dual tap tower
Im converting a danby fridge (research done there, converting for 2 corneys and a 5lb)
Ill use mostly domestic corny kegs (i think, i dont home brew yet and will be buying from my local beer suppliers and breweries?)
I want "higher" quality

Here is what I dont know:

A lot of the kits look the same, what are common differences(considering my choice of dual tap tower)?
What is the air splitter and what is the difference in regulators?
I see one place has a manifold for air and they say thats better than a Y splitter is this true or should I say does it matter?
I think I need american D sanke giving my beer preference?
I see perlick faucets touted as the best, but dont see them in the online kits or havent found one that offers them as part of the kit? How important is this?
What else should this noob be considering?
I think i can get this under 300 beans, is this correct?

Thanks!

meegwell,

Here is a link to wikipedia where they touch on the type of coupler by beer type. Type D is used for standard american beers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kegerator

You might want to consider checking out this dual tower option for commerical beers with Sanke type D couplers: http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/keg-kit-2-tap-beer-tower-commercial/

Our kits have the options to add (or not) Perlick stainless faucets, which are touted as better quality, not as susceptible to sticking, etc.

Thank you birman brewing. What about my regulator, wye splitter, and manifold question? Anyone?

Back