Chest Freezer 5.3 cu. ft. from Menards as ferm chamber.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsnownw

Reaction score
So, there was a thread giving details of certain freezers for use as keezers, but I couldn't find the same for ferm chambers. Anyway, this is information about the Professional Series 5.3 cu. ft. chest freezer (Model #PS72541) at Menards ($143).

The above is a 6 gallon better bottle, fits with room to spare on all sides.

The above is a 5 gallon glass carboy, also fits with room to spare.

The interior dimensions for the area sans shelf are as follows:

14.25" X 16" X 25.5" L X W X H

The interior dimensions for the area with the shelf are as follows:

9.5" X 16" X 17" L X W X H

If others are using chest freezers in the same capacity, it would be nice to have a thread where all the information is in one place. If such a thread exists, and I have missed it, please move this post to the appropriate place.

Cheers! :mug:

any chance you have some ball lock corny kegs that you can try and fit in there to see how many fit? My freezer just died and I am looking to replace it and the measurements are so close that I am not sure if I can fit 3 cornies plus 20lb CO2 and 5lb Beergas tank in there or not. My current setup I can with 2 cornies on the hump partially and supported by the corny and 20lb tank on the bottom.

I have a Holiday 5 cuft from Lowes. It's almost identical in dimensions but I think the shelf is just a hair more narrow. Not that I care. Nothing ever goes there. I wish they made freezers with the compressor out the side. It would make a nice shelf for a CO2 tank.

any chance you have some ball lock corny kegs that you can try and fit in there to see how many fit? My freezer just died and I am looking to replace it and the measurements are so close that I am not sure if I can fit 3 cornies plus 20lb CO2 and 5lb Beergas tank in there or not. My current setup I can with 2 cornies on the hump partially and supported by the corny and 20lb tank on the bottom.

I don't have a keg set-up yet...slated for Christmas. Sorry.

I can tell you for a fact, two pinlocks will not fit in the lower section of this or the Holiday from Lowes. I'm not sure about ball locks.

Not sure if the 7 cu.ft. one from Menard's would fit either...but it's currently on sale for $170.

My current keezer setup is made for a 5 cu. ft. freezer (which has now died) so I need one of roughly the same size to replace it with. My current one is a Haier model and I am able to fit 3 cornies, 20lb and 5lb tank in it with a 10" collar built on top.

The dimensions you have listed are 3/4" smaller in Length and 1/2" smaller in Width compared to my current setup. My local Menards does not have one in stock or I would take some stencils in there and check it out myself.

My current keezer setup is made for a 5 cu. ft. freezer (which has now died) so I need one of roughly the same size to replace it with. My current one is a Haier model and I am able to fit 3 cornies, 20lb and 5lb tank in it with a 10" collar built on top.

The dimensions you have listed are 3/4" smaller in Length and 1/2" smaller in Width compared to my current setup. My local Menards does not have one in stock or I would take some stencils in there and check it out myself.

Well, I initially measured on the conservative side. I just remeasured trying to be as accurate as possible...and came up with this:

Measurement sans shelf is now:

14 7/16" X 16 1/8" L X W

Other measurements the same.

Thanks for the help, I think I am going to go ahead and try this freezer out.

Latest posts

Back