ECY24 Brettanomyces Nanus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranny04

Reaction score
Has anybody used it?

How? When? Where?

I just found out that I am getting a bundle of East coast yeasts. ECY1, ECY08, ECY12, ECY21 and ECY24.

I just got notified as well. I'm getting ECY01, ECY03, ECY03-B, ECY06 and ECY24

Of these, I've only had the ECY03. I made a nice Saison with it, but didn't get much Brett flavor.

Easy coast yeast posted on their Facebook a while back that he did a 100% Brett Nanus beer. He said it tasted like a Saison with very little acidity and/or Funk.

A few months later he said it was starting to develop some Brett character (similar to Orval)

Cranny04 said:
Easy coast yeast posted on their Facebook a while back that he did a 100% Brett Nanus beer. He said it tasted like a Saison with very little acidity and/or Funk.

A few months later he said it was starting to develop some Brett character (similar to Orval)

I actually had that beer he brewed, Al brought the keg to our Homebrew club meeting. I remember the beer being a little more malt forward with Belgian esters, very Saison like as he said no funk at all. I never would have guessed it was 100% Brett.

I wish I could have tried it again with some age.

I brewed a belgian blonde recipe last night with a buddy. OG of 1.056 my half got the Brett Nanus. His half got WLP500. Our recipe calls for 1.25lbs of sugar to be added to each ferment (i'm not sure if i'll add it to mine or not)

Will post tasting notes eventually...

I'd recommend against using Nanus in cider. The results were very unpleasant.

Back