Brew Stand burner problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason_12w6

Reaction score
I'm having a problem with my new brew stand. The valve that regulates the propane on the actual stand is catching fire.
The first time I used it with a standard grill regulator I didn't have a problem but the flame was really weak. So I upgraded to a better regulator with adjustment on the regulator itself and the valve started catching fire and now even when I put the grill regulator back on it catches fire. Any help is appreciated

ForumRunner_20130511_214414.jpg

ForumRunner_20130511_214431.jpg

Is it burning in the throat or somewhere else?

If the valve itself is catching fire, you have a serious leak. If it's burning in the throat then we can figure out what's going on.

It's actually coming out of where th knob is it will burn fine for 10 minutes or so then it will catch fire.

if you went above 10-15 psi you most likely blew the stem packing out of those valves.

adjust the packing nut and see if it bubbles after soaping it. if it sat a long time it might be dried out and just needs a little faucet stem lube, at worst a new packing.

I tightened the packing nut it was very loose. The orings seemed to have a good amount of lube.
But there is a leak where the elbows meets the valve. It looks like the manufacturer put a sealant on the threads but it has cracked and isn't completely sealed anymore.

Latest posts

Back