Help me pick a sankey coupler.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crito

Reaction score
Greetings

Ok this search is crazy. Micromatic's coupler with stainless probe is 30ish bucks but the website says 303 stainless. Micromatic has a 304 stainless for 70ish dollars. The handle seems like a quick connect/ eurgo style.

Perlick and Taprite have stainless probe version as well, but I could not find if it is 304 or 303. Has anyone found additional info on which coupler has the best features?

I am ordering new kegs from Franke kegs, I just want everything sorted out before hand.

Thanks again.

303 is food grade and slightly less resistant to corrosion. I think you will only run into issues if you high pressure clean it with strong caustics. I have nickel plated probes on my micromatic couplers and they have held up fine over the past 7 years.

Which one is best the 303 SS or nickel plated?

Is Mictomatic the major seller / best quality for the price?

I have only ever purchased from micromatic because they have had good prices and reasonable shipping to my location. I have no idea which one is best as I have not compared them side by side. My only guess as to an actual difference would be longevity. SS is more corrosion resistant, but like I said, after the better part of a decade, mine show no sign of any degradation.

What does your LHBS carry parts for?

FWIW I bought almost all my couplers used on craigs list/rummage sales for $20ish. They are nearly indestructible. IMHO this is a great place to save some cash for other stuff because NO ONE has EVER commented on one of my couplers...

Back