Hello from northern Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjohn3006

Reaction score
Hello. I'm finally setting up an account here. The firearms board I frequent has a brewing section but it is very small with low traffic and a lot of people on there post here too. I also wind up coming here when I google search homebrew related things.

I have been brewing for almost 2 years, but mostly meads. I recently started beer under much pressure from beer brewing friends. :mug:

I just bottled my first brew, a hazelnut brown ale 5 gallon batch. I also did three 1 gallon batches to kind of cut my teeth on. White House honey ale, a Bavarian Wheat and a barley wine. I should be bottling those next week.

I would love to keg, but the biggest reason I have not been brewing beer is the space in my house is limited and there is no place for a keezer, or much brewing equipment without annoying my wife. :p

So for big batches I am brewing at my friends house, and everything will be bottled. When I move to a bigger house, kegs are on my short list.

-Mike

There are a number of NOVA brewers here.

I've been attending HOWL(Homebrewers Of Western Louden) meetings because I have a couple of friends in that group that invited me. Is there a group of northern VA(Fairfax or PW) homebrewers that get together regularly?

I know there's a homebrew club called GRIST in Fairfax/McLean that appears to meet monthly. I actually just moved out of Centreville to Fairfax about a year ago.

Latest posts

Back