Pliny the Elder...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianw58

Reaction score
...at Russian River.... Mmmmmm

Very tasty.

image-3393414955.jpg

One of my favorite beers! Never had it at the source, but had a 2 week old bottle once...rocked my world!

Went there last weekend...seven hour drive one way for a couple pints for my wife and I and $120 for a case to take home... That place is PACKED. Four deep at the bar and 2 hr wait for a table...

I can't be the only person that thinks this beer is overrated right? It's a good beer to be sure, but it's not the second best DIPA on the planet. That being said, a trip to Russian River is my number one beer destination right now.

Havent tried the younger(triple), but the Elder is the most balances double IPA that I have hed...

I can't be the only person that thinks this beer is overrated right? It's a good beer to be sure, but it's not the second best DIPA on the planet. That being said, a trip to Russian River is my number one beer destination right now.

I was actually about to post just the opposite of this when I saw your post. Obviously, you're entitled to your opinion. But for all the press/hype this beer gets, I was truly impressed with it when I finally got a chance to try it (back in the beer on ebay days). I have yet to have another DIPA that I thought was better. And, frankly, DIPA isn't one of my favorite styles and I think a lot of them are overdone. But Pliny was super easy drinking for that style.

Just my opinion. Tastes differ, for sure. A friend sent me a lot of other RR beers and they were all pretty special.

.......But for all the press/hype this beer gets, I was truly impressed with it when I finally got a chance to try it (back in the beer on ebay days). I have yet to have another DIPA that I thought was better. And, frankly, DIPA isn't one of my favorite styles and I think a lot of them are overdone. But Pliny was super easy drinking for that style.

I agree with you on this. One of the few highly hyped beers that has exceeded expectations for me.....which reminds me, I have one sitting in my fridge that probably needs drinking:)

Nice!!!! And pliny is excellent. Heady is also 'over-rated' in some people book but easily my favorite iipa. Unbelievable.

I went to the brewery about a year ago and for whatever reason thought Pliny was better out out the bottle than on draft. I liked the blind pig better. It is a great dipa though. Got 3 to trade for some heady here too. Looking forward to comparing the 2 side by side. They've already been spoken for but I can always get more.

Back