Did I ruin them?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cubslover

Reaction score
We are in the process of moving and we've had to move a ton of stuff into storage. Thursday we moved the remainder of our stuff into storage and I had a tote with grains and hops I meant for my in-laws freezer. Are 4 days in 35-60 degree weather going to ruin them? I can get them after work tomorrow and put them in a feeezee.

I think you are going to be fine. If it was a long period of time, it would be a different story. I keep my grains at room temp and have no problems with that.

Good luck with the move.

I would not worry about the grain at all, you've got to figure unmilled grain gets shipped around the country in big trucks. If the hops all all sealed up in nitro pouches I wouldn't worry about them either. It would have to be much longer for me to be concerned. If the hops are just in zip lock bags I'd worry a bit, then I would use them anyways :)

Back