You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well actually, I meant the lupulin shift. I guess it is nice to let your palate get a rest every now and again. Though there is something to say for water beers on a boat, especially when it is time to hoist a sail or go snorkeling.

When you've had a few Homebrews one night while talking with the Brother and Cousin over the internet and your cousin makes a comment about wanting to try homebrewing and the next day all your brother says to you is, "Dude, you would not stop talking about brewing. We had no clue what you were talking about or why you kept talking about it."

In my defense it all made sense in my head.

When you've had a few Homebrews one night while talking with the Brother and Cousin over the internet and your cousin makes a comment about wanting to try homebrewing and the next day all your brother says to you is, "Dude, you would not stop talking about brewing. We had no clue what you were talking about or why you kept talking about it."

In my defense it all made sense in my head.

On that note: when having a few beers with family, friends, etc and it turns into an impromptu brewing lesson

when you insist that your 17year old "taste" your brew, but won't let them drink any.

I guess I am a stickler I don't let my 11 year old taste any once its fermenting.

I did manage to talk my wife into tasting when she does not like beer at all.

On that note: when having a few beers with family, friends, etc and it turns into an impromptu brewing lesson

I can live with that. Probably work with my cousin's husband and my uncle. Last I heard they tried making some with chlorinated tap water.

Malty_Dog said:
When it is impossible to pass a bubbling airlock without taking a whiff. Like it changed from 5 minutes ago.

Lol do it every morning before work. Kind of gets me going at 5am.

Is carboy slang for sheep?
Ok you ba-a-a-a-a-d bo-o-o-y...
Or those ever expanding App choices!

Yup. Waiting for the BS app to come online. It has a brewday timer function I'd find handy. The phone has a camcorder function & can take up to 32G memory card. So many choices to make!...

Reminds me of the app that craigtube showed once. You hit a button,& hear the pssshed as the glass fills. Tip the phone like when you're drinking & the glass empties a little. That was pretty cool! I got a pic of my dark hybrid lager for wallpaper atm. 2MP camera,but it looks really clear & accurate.

When your car barely starts up in the morning, but you're still debating "BrewSculpture or Honda..."

When your wife asks you to take 2days off work so she can help a friend at the hospital and all you can think about is "Brew day".

Your wife acquires a ton of slate from the house being demoed across the street and you agree to help her build a patio and retaining wall with it in exchange for a brew day

Also when SWMBO complains that there's too much beer stuff in the fridge. I def need a fridge of my own in the ol' man cave...:ban:

You're 31 years old but still giddy to find your first ribbon in the mail.

ForumRunner_20130429_130537.png

I call SWMBO to see how things are going back home. I get this back "checked the gravity on the cream ale, it was stable after 3 days, so I put the car boy in the fridge to crash"

Proud moment.

20130429_105829.jpg

When all your fermenters are full, you have way too much ready to drink as it is, and your first thought is "I really should get more fermenters"

Back