Yahoo Groups Help for my LHBC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyWestBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to set something up for my LHBC so when I send out club emails I don't have to add everyone's name to the CC list every time. I'm guessing this is what the Yahoo Groups feature is. Can anyone help explain to me how to do this to make my life a little easier?

Havent used Yahoo Groups myself. Some companies use services like ConstantContact (I am in no way affiliated) to send out newsletter type marketing emails. Additionally you can always make an email distribution list and as is the best form when sending out mass mailings BCC the distro list so you do not have to copy/paste or type them out every time.

DrunkleJon said:
Havent used Yahoo Groups myself. Some companies use services like ConstantContact (I am in no way affiliated) to send out newsletter type marketing emails. Additionally you can always make an email distribution list and as is the best form when sending out mass mailings BCC the distro list so you do not have to copy/paste or type them out every time.

What's BCC the distro list? I have a gmail I could also do this from of anyone knows how I'd do that.

BCC = Blind carbon copy. Basically it sends to those people but does not show who received it.

Distro list is short for distribution list which essentially is where you make a group in your email program saying when I type Customers it automatically sends to the list of addreses you set to equal Customers in your contact list.

I believe Gmail and Yahoo should support both.

DrunkleJon said:
BCC = Blind carbon copy. Basically it sends to those people but does not show who received it.

Distro list is short for distribution list which essentially is where you make a group in your email program saying when I type Customers it automatically sends to the list of addreses you set to equal Customers in your contact list.

I believe Gmail and Yahoo should support both.

Thanks for clearing that up. They both do I just don't get how to use it.

Well for Gmail since I have it handy, click on Gmail on the upper left hand side just below the Google search, and select contacts. From there select the contacts that you want to include in your distribution list and where "More" used to be you will see a button with some sort of 3 headed guy. Click that and it will create a group for those contacts to be in. You can address an email to that group and it will send to all of the members.

As to BCC; when you select compose to create a new message to the right of the To: line, you should see Cc and Bcc, if you click on Bcc you will be able to add 'Blind', or invisible to all addressees to the email.

lesee if i can pull up a yahoo email. Nope, but a yahoo equivalent of a Distro list is called a category. And for the BCC, I think it was said best with
To send a message to Bcc: recipients from Yahoo! Mail:

Start with a new message by clicking the New button or pressing n.
Click Show Bcc (at the To: line's right end).
Type the desired recipients' email addresses in the Bcc: field or click Bcc: to select addressees from your Yahoo! Mail address book.
For the message to be correctly composed, an address needs to appear in the To: field. You cannot fill just the Bcc: field. If you want no To: recipient visible to all others, you can put your own Yahoo! Mail address in the To: field.

Hope this helps. PM me if you need any help.

Back