Yet another keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyW

Reaction score
Using mostly stolen ideas, I decided the time has come to build my keezer. Here are a few pics of the progress made so far.

I do have (at least i think it is) an original idea for some really cool tap handles. Have to build some then I will post pics.

Thanks to everyone else for sharing their work to inspire me!

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I need to do something with mine. It's just a huge white keezer with a bare wooden collar. At this point though.. I'm fine with it staying that way. lol

About to build my own. Few questions:

What kind of wood did you use? Looks great.
Also did you do anything to insulate the line in the coffin box?
Any other pointers?

Nice build, the knots in the wood give it a lot more character than without. You looking to tile the backsplash?

there is a fan blowing into the coffin box and it is insulated. i used cedar v-groove paneling and rough sawn cedar for the trim. I will not be doing tile. I don't think it goes well with the rustic look. Just more paneling, vertically orientated and I will be wood buring my brewery name "BROKE BREWING COMPANY" into the back splash. hopefully get a few more pics up today.

DannyW said:
there is a fan blowing into the coffin box and it is insulated. i used cedar v-groove paneling and rough sawn cedar for the trim. I will not be doing tile. I don't think it goes well with the rustic look. Just more paneling, vertically orientated and I will be wood buring my brewery name "BROKE BREWING COMPANY" into the back splash. hopefully get a few more pics up today.

Ya I would love to see the wood burn. I like the idea.

I you don't mind me asking how much did all the cedar cost? I'm going for a more rustic look as well and will probably go the same route for wood.

Ya I would love to see the wood burn. I like the idea.

I you don't mind me asking how much did all the cedar cost? I'm going for a more rustic look as well and will probably go the same route for wood.

The wood is pretty reasonable. The cedar planks are like $17 at lowes or home depot for (6) 8ft boards. I think I used 3 packes. The trim is a bit more expensive to still not bad. I don't really have an idea of total cost.

I am guessing here....but here is an approx BOM

3 - packs cedar planks(6) 8ft boards
1 - 3/4" cabinet grade plywood
10? - 2x4's
1 - 2 x 8 (for bottom base)
4 - casters
10 - 1 X 4 X 12' CEDAR TRIM

No tile for sure, definitely stay with the wood theme. You have a great thing going, that thing looks great!

Did you build in any circulation for the airspace you built around the outside of the freezer? I'm also thinking of encasing mine in a wood skin and wondering how much I should worry about overheating.

I have built two of these and as long as he does not cap the top of the wood surround or the bottom, the air flow will be enough. The heat will rise drawing colder air up from the bottom, cooling the outer skin of the keezer. It works similar to baseboard heat in a house.

Looking forward to seeing the wood burning on the back splash.

I hope to stain it this week. I probably should have done the before I put all the taps in...but I am way too impatient and I was way too thirsty!

Latest posts

Back