Dishwasher for fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi My name is drizzt i just started brewing and i have a problem with brewing and DIY brewing toys. built a keezer, 110 volt ebiab. Pid and stand And planted hops since Jan. Now will an old dishwasher have enough insulation to make a ferment chamber? I need a new toy.

It will probably have enough insulation, but what are you going to use to cool it? Peltier's will be pretty expensive and using the guts out of a small fridge is not really cheap either. Do you already have a plan, or are you still planning? Definitely worth having a built in beer cooler and ferm chamber under a cabinet. Don forget the pics as you go when you get started building it.

Wheelchair Bob

Because I am really cheap I mean thrifty I figure on 3 options. An insulated 4 inch pipe out of my keezer and return with fans. Or Add a second pond pump to my beer line cooler container wort chillerish. Or I have an old strong AC unit but no idea what to do with the exhaust. Thoughts?

Back