A new meaning to Dead Ringer IPA. Lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoneycutt

Reaction score
This is my first actual post, I've lurked and commented on many others. I'm from a state that shall not be mentioned at the moment. Thanks to y'all I made it through all my extract brews and only had one infected batch and one just terrible undrinkable batch. Did my first all grain batch this past Saturday on the 4th. Obviously I went with northern brewers dead ringer as I love me some two hearted ale. The mash went fine, the sparge went fine although took a little longer than maybe I thought it should. The boil went fine along with first two hop additions. Had one slight boil over a minute or two after the second but no big deal. Dropped in my immersion chiller and then the third and final hop addition. And then came my kindy funny and sad new meaning to the namesake. It had gotten dark so I was using my cell phones flash light to keep an eye on things and immediately after tossing I. The final hops I leaned over for a better look and scratched my head with the same hand I held my phone. And bloop there it went, my ringer is now dead in the boil lol. Thus a whole new meaning to DEAD RINGER IPA. :eek:

Btw, I spent a whole day and night trying to co e up with a clever name for it when I decided to ask my wife it she had any ideas. Her first response, DEAD RINGER. DOH!!! Why didn't I see that one coming from a mile away lol.

Back