Farmhouse Brewing Supply - New Website

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
Hey all,
We just launched our new website and wanted to let everyone know.

Check it out, tell me what you think and let us know if you see anything out of place or just wrong. We are missing a few pictures still but most things are in line.

Thanks for checking us out and Cheers,
John

http://farmhousebrewingsupply.com/

Hey all,
We just launched our new website and wanted to let everyone know.

Check it out, tell me what you think and let us know if you see anything out of place or just wrong. We are missing a few pictures still but most things are in line.

Thanks for checking us out and Cheers,
John

http://farmhousebrewingsupply.com/

At first glance, the biggest thing I notice (at least a change) is for hops out of stock they now have a quantity box, and you have to try to add them to your cart to find out they are out of stock. On the old site, you wouldn't see a quantity box so you automatically knew they were out of stock.

Looks good, new addy bookmarked. You guys are the best! :D

Any feedback on that new dry yeast? (sorry to sidetrack)

Am I missing something? I've cleared my cache and refreshed and it looks the same and says you're launching a new site.

A much cleaner and more professional look. I like the fly-out side menu. It's definitely easier to navigate.
On the down side there's at a couple broken links that need to be addressed.

At first glance, the biggest thing I notice (at least a change) is for hops out of stock they now have a quantity box, and you have to try to add them to your cart to find out they are out of stock. On the old site, you wouldn't see a quantity box so you automatically knew they were out of stock.

Ok, I will look in to this. We may actually go to a more tradition hops page because we are having issues with the custom programing in this new system. It limits us much more than the last system

We just received the new yeast from Mangrove so I have no feedback at all.

What links were broke?

Keep the feedback coming.

Thanks guys

Am I missing something? I've cleared my cache and refreshed and it looks the same and says you're launching a new site.

Try using the link in my signature, I have issues on my system being redirected to the old site as well, I've asked my web designer to address this.

When I try to access the hops page for 4oz sizes, I just get a little notice at the top of the page that says "Loading... Pleast Wait...". Sits like that for minutes before IE gives up (using IE at work, no choice)

Seems like it's an IE issue. I just used my laptop with Chrome, and it works fine.

Although it seems like there's a shortage of almost every hop I want :(

Problem solved, ran namebench and google was 79% faster according to the program, thanks Sudsy-- Site looks awesome btw.

Are all old and or pending orders gone in the new site?

Unfortunately yes, we were not able to migrate over the orders. We were about to get your customer profiles over. It sucks, I fought to get everything over but it was not possible.

When selecting a grain you have the title "Double Mill:" and then provide the radio buttons, Yes, No or Double Mill. I think the title should me "Milled". Kind of confusing. I'm assuming you select the "yes" button for single milling.

Congratulations on your new site. It looks great! We have been working on a new site/ Inventory system for some time now and still have a ways to go. It is a lot of work. I hope it works well for you and helps you increase business.
Todd
Kegconnection, LLC

Congratulations on your new site. It looks great! We have been working on a new site/ Inventory system for some time now and still have a ways to go. It is a lot of work. I hope it works well for you and helps you increase business.
Todd
Kegconnection, LLC

Thanks Todd.

We are far from finished but it is coming along. Your dam right when you say its a lot of work, best of luck with your new site.

Seems like it's an IE issue. I just used my laptop with Chrome, and it works fine.

Although it seems like there's a shortage of almost every hop I want :(

We are working on that, I can only do so much at one time so some of the hop packing has been put on hold,

Looks pretty rough from my iPad. Formatting looks off and there are no graphics. I'll have to take a look on my pc...

Just nitpicking here but Union is spelled incorrectly on your craft series yeast ;)

Unfortunately yes, we were not able to migrate over the orders. We were about to get your customer profiles over. It sucks, I fought to get everything over but it was not possible.

Is there any way to get the old order information? I liked being able to check past orders to see what/when I purchased things. The email receipts don't have the order details and I doubt I have the paper invoices (I don't even remember if they were included in the box).

Is there any way to get the old order information? I liked being able to check past orders to see what/when I purchased things. The email receipts don't have the order details and I doubt I have the paper invoices (I don't even remember if they were included in the box).

Email me and we can get them for you

Like the new site, consider rearranging the LH menu to make it easier to navigate and more intuitive.

Use major categories like:
Brewing Equipment
Brewing Ingredients
- Grains
- Extract
- Hops
Wine Ingredients
Kegging
etc.

The two menu items for gift certificates are redundant, put these at the bottom of the menu.

Not sure what "Friday Night Lights" is but nothing is there. Put at the bottom of the menu.

You guys are a solid company and I will continue to order from you , but I've been really struggling with your site since the change over. I generally use my ipad to browse, but your new site makes that nearly impossible. It's really a mess when viewed by a tablet. I hope you're able to make some kind of upgrade in the future.

Woo-hoo my faucets and shanks I ordered from you guys shipped today, wish you had accuflex in stock! Your prices can't be beat for homebrew supplies.

You guys are a solid company and I will continue to order from you , but I've been really struggling with your site since the change over. I generally use my ipad to browse, but your new site makes that nearly impossible. It's really a mess when viewed by a tablet. I hope you're able to make some kind of upgrade in the future.

Can you elaborate? We are using Bigcommerce which is suppose to be Ipad/Tablel friendly. What pages are bad?

A lot of times when I'm browsing, I get a full list of all the category links above the items I'm selecting, so I have to scroll way down before I can view the items. Also, more than half of the hop images show up as question marks which makes the page look jumbled. You don't get any of the nice color borders or images/logos. It's just a white page with names of hops and question marks. It's functional but pretty unpleasant compared to the standard view site.

On the ipad it was impossible(couldn't order) when it first switched over; Now it's just BAD.

Fortunately there is a click on the bottom of the main page to use the regular site, which works fine.

EDIT - I take it back - it goes back to tablet site every time you change pages. Sucks big time!

This is a common problem, VERY annoying. Wish I could spoof all "tablet" sites so it thought I was a desktop in the first place. 10" Tablets have plenty of real estate, so no mobile phone mentality needed. (Although I even go to regular sites with phones, most often) Can't believe how many poor developers there are these days, who don't understand how to evaluate user needs properly.

Yeah, I use the "Switch to Standard View" every now and then, but it does switch back to the mobile whenever you click a link, and that gets frustrating.

On the ipad it was impossible(couldn't order) when it first switched over; Now it's just BAD.

Fortunately there is a click on the bottom of the main page to use the regular site, which works fine.

EDIT - I take it back - it goes back to tablet site every time you change pages. Sucks big time!

This is a common problem, VERY annoying. Wish I could spoof all "tablet" sites so it thought I was a desktop in the first place. 10" Tablets have plenty of real estate, so no mobile phone mentality needed. (Although I even go to regular sites with phones, most often) Can't believe how many poor developers there are these days, who don't understand how to evaluate user needs properly.

Rich,
I was completely unaware of this, I will contact the designer and look at addressing these issues.

I have to admit that I rarely look at the mobile version of the site because I conduct 99% of my business via a laptop.

Thanks for all the feedback.

John

Back