Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blending the two left pics together into one image would be incredible with the detail and hard lines. Or just reverse the top and bottom and see how you like it before blending.

Yeah! Here it is. The writing on the right was too small and is essentially illegible, but I didn't want to go back and fix it after I had printed it--next time I will.

Borders around your text blocks and image blocks would make them pop and stand out against the background a little better. Keep it from looking muddled.

image-1449012892.jpg

This one actually needs a small introduction:

I play EVE Online - an MMORPG game, the likes of "World of Warcraft" but in space.

Solar systems in EVE have security ratings - 0.0 to 1.0. 0.0 is "lawless" space - anything can happen. It's a rather crazy place in which to "live" and play.

To me, it's the perfect environment for a Black IPA - in of itself a rather "lawless" beer...

EVE Online has a huge following. I think the developers (based in Iceland) would love something like this:

Jl61ewdl.jpg

(Pretty easy to make, considering that the developers have all kinds of screenshots available to borrow.)

Is that image from Freespace? Seems familer...

My bluetooth earpiece voice to text munges words a lot. So, what I was voice texting my brother about my new 44 Quart Kettle this label was inspired...

Oh man, I love that idea - using brewing words that Siri can't figure out to save her life...

That opens up all KINDS of clever names!!

My little sister is turning 21 next month. She plays in the U Maine pep band, and like me is a huge hockey fan.

Blackbearbreakfast-2.jpg

I told her that if she can't say the name without stopping to think, she has had one too many.

In homage to THE 30 L's of BIERMUNCHERS "SWAMBO SLAYER" that's still in the fermenters.

Still in rough form.

Nice pic. I think you mean SWMBO SLAYER though. Also, I'm not 100% sure if it matters, but I think as far as the beer style goes, the correct spelling is blondE. It's best to catch these things before you label up two cases worth. :)

Thanks Rev, always was bit confused about the Swmbo spelling - your way makes sense although I've probably seen it spelt SWAMBO more often.

Yup Blonde it is.

I just loved the pic - I mean, you look at it and think what on earth is going on here.

Thanks Rev, always was bit confused about the Swmbo spelling - your way makes sense although I've probably seen it spelt SWAMBO more often.

Yup Blonde it is.

I just loved the pic - I mean, you look at it and think what on earth is going on here.

She Who Must Be Obeyed - I'm not sure what the A would be for in the acronym. She Who Always Must Be Obeyed? In any case, Rev pointed you in the right direction! This comes from Rumpole of the Bailey (an old BBC show) and it was definitely She Who Must Be Obeyed.

In homage to THE 30 L's of BIERMUNCHERS "SWAMBO SLAYER" that's still in the fermenters.

Still in rough form.

Also, if you're going with a blonde, you might want to change the color of the swmbo on the motorcycle's hair to blonde as well...

redid my label taking tips and inspiration from the better looking labels on here. Kinkos has a paper that has a sticky back, so I got them printed there. Laser printer, sticky paper, cut to size for me, $1 each? sounds like a winner.
pennantrace.jpg

photo1so.jpg

What is the paper type called at kinkos? looks awesome.

Hey, I really enjoy the Allagash labels on the coolship series and FV13. Anyone have an idea on how to reproduce those labels? Have any of you tried block letter printing before? There's a bunch of kits in craft stores but most use too big of letters.

Hey, I really enjoy the Allagash labels on the coolship series and FV13. Anyone have an idea on how to reproduce those labels? Have any of you tried block letter printing before? There's a bunch of kits in craft stores but most use too big of letters.

It'd be easier to just find a block letter font on a site like dafont.com, and print them. If you use a program like Gimp (free) you could design them in there, and then change the colors to make it only one color.

reverendj1 said:
It'd be easier to just find a block letter font on a site like dafont.com, and print them. If you use a program like Gimp (free) you could design them in there, and then change the colors to make it only one color.

I feel like it wouldnt nearly look the same and not as authentic. I'm willing to work hard to develop a block press for all my gueze blends

I feel like it wouldnt nearly look the same and not as authentic. I'm willing to work hard to develop a block press for all my gueze blends

One of the things I would like to try (but haven't yet) is creating my own wood-cut blocks to print myself. You could design by hand or computer assisted, and then carve the wood blocks and ink them yourself for a truly hand-crafted artisanal craft brew.

Love that...is that a Haiku? I love the flow of the text; very poetic.

It's not quite a Haiku which I believe follows a 3 line, 5-7-5 syllable flow pattern. It's just something I came up with based on the 3 varieties of hops I used; namely Chinook, Cascade, and Cluster. It was either that or call it the 3C's or "Killer C's"... but when I found the image I wanted, this seemed to lend itself better.

This is for a beer I brewed Dec 21, the day the Mayan Calendar said the world ended. If the world really did end, I'd never be able to drink it, so I said "eff your mayan calendar!" and the name kinda stuck!

Sweet Stout with added cold-pressed mexican espresso. My sister-in-law did the logo. Entered in a local brewing contest, here's hoping i win (entry into GABF is the prize!)

Mayan+Calendar+Label.jpg

This one actually needs a small introduction:

I play EVE Online - an MMORPG game, the likes of "World of Warcraft" but in space.

Solar systems in EVE have security ratings - 0.0 to 1.0. 0.0 is "lawless" space - anything can happen. It's a rather crazy place in which to "live" and play.

To me, it's the perfect environment for a Black IPA - in of itself a rather "lawless" beer...

EVE Online has a huge following. I think the developers (based in Iceland) would love something like this:

Jl61ewdl.jpg

(Pretty easy to make, considering that the developers have all kinds of screenshots available to borrow.)

Thumbs up for a fellow EVE player! Nicely done!

first AG batch on new equipment that I bought courtesy of a tax return, it was suppose to be a regular IPA but a miscalculation/error in brewing made the ABV way too high, so it's got ABV range of a IIPA but IBUs are borderline low for IIPA

rebate.png

Latest posts

Back