Delayed Introduction

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx-brewer

Reaction score
Well, I am a few months behind on introducing myself. Had a few beers tonight and decided what the heck.

In high school I started my brewing career with cheap juice, bread yeast, and a balloon.... ....not too good.

I have always been interested in brewing beer and wine but thought it was a little over my head.

Finally, after my girlfriends step father showed off his meads and delicious homebrew beer I decided to get back into it.

I started two meads in November 2012, and while searching craigslist for carboys, came across a great deal on beer brewing equipment, carboys, burner, pots, airlocks, buckets, bottles, hydrometer, you name it, it was there for a hundred bucks. So begins the beer brewing obsession.

Currently I have around 4 to 5 batches of mead going, a batch of wine going, a couple batches of cider going, and am fermenting beer number 7. I have moved up quickly from extract, to partial mash, to brew in a bag, and now doing traditional all grain. Loving every second of it.

I feel like this will be a lifelong hobby and have strong support from my girlfriend (might as well be my wife).

Other than that, currently work as a meat cutter for HEB Grocery in Houston, TX. Going to school for mechanical engineering at the University of Houston. And did not know that the founder of this forums name was TXBREW when I made my user name.

Thank you all very much for all the help and advice I have gotten already, and help and advice I am sure to receive in the future.

Jared

Back